Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @964.06 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  howdy hey!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: howdy hey!  (Read 546 times)
prwlnglthr
Casual Poster ⚓︎

**SPLAT**

iMood: ntprwlr

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: November 19, 2022 @145.94 »

hi hello! my name is speck and I am so unbelievably excited to see something like this up, running, and active. I grew up with total freedom to sift through the web (even as a young girlchild of 6ish) so the way the 2000s web looked and operated is both crazy nostalgic for me and a core part of my formative years, and I lament its loss to the commercialized social media hell that's replaced it. I used to make tons of little fansites and roleplaying boards for me and a couple dozen friends/folks who joined, spent hours customizing my neopets pages, etc and finding neocities and other projects feels like a warm blanket.

that aside, yes, my name is speck! I'm all over the internet under a few different handles; mostly hang out on tumblr, twitter, and discord despite having multiple little fansites/sites to accompany personal projects. I'm in my 20s, in college for history and anthropology, and live in the great state of Yeehaw (though I was born and lived half my life on the east coast).

uuuu I mainly spend my time drawing (if you've got a tumblr or twitter, my art accs are prwlnglthr on both) and working on my car, prowler, nowadays. huge fan of her. love her. mwah. I love roadtrips, 35mm photography, tinkering with stuff, cold weather, various types of metal (mainly into extreme metal though heeeeeheeee), poring over academic journals, midcentury stuff, small concert venues, bad movies, video games, and having a grand ol' time. :dive:

with regards to media in particular: I'm currently on a Fire Emblem kick (3houses and 3hopes in particular but I'm not at all new to the series), but other interests I have are MGS, JJBA, DOOM and other boomer shooters (Ultrakill is a big one for me rn! def check it out if you like FAST paced games), the Half Life franchise and more broadly the whole orange box (TF2 was my main fandom for foreeeeever), Pokemon, plenty I'm sure I'm forgetting.

(if you couldn't tell, I'm prone to rambling... a lot lmfao)

I'm prone to drifting/dropping things and coming back but regardless of how often I stick my head in, I'm v excited to be here heeeeh :ha: :ha: :ha:

☆✭~⋞《a temporary visitor, taking comfort from the flame...》ミ~*。✧.゚*・゚’゜.︵‿ ~~. .
avatar credit: @spookybri on twitter! // signature gfx credit: me!
MeowChirp
Casual Poster

iMood: HydraTriangle

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022 @158.21 »

Welcome to the forum Speck!! :4u:

I notice you say you like cold weather... pls trade weathers with me, I'm so sick of the snow here ( * is way up north * ) :happy:
I love video games, but we seem to like pretty vastly different genres x3 (I did get super into Fire Emblem: Awakening back in the day though and RPed as Chrom a lot)... Pokemon brings all gamers together tho! What are a few of your favorite pokemon??
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022 @654.47 »

Hi speck, welcome to the forum :4u:
Wow you have so many hobbies, where do you get all the energy??  :ha: :ha: "midcentury stuff" whats your opinion on Jello Meatloaf?? :notgood:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
prwlnglthr
Casual Poster ⚓︎

**SPLAT**

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022 @931.90 »

Hi speck, welcome to the forum :4u:
Wow you have so many hobbies, where do you get all the energy??

hypomanic episodes!
nah, I jest :ha: no clue, honestly; I think it's just bc I find eeeeveerything so interesting and I want to d:ha:learn/etc stuff more than I want to do reasonable human things (like sleep heeeeho).

"midcentury stuff" whats your opinion on Jello Meatloaf?? :notgood:

...y'know. never had what's called jello meatloaf (or meatloaf in general, actually!), but I'm polish and like a lot of places, we have meat gelatin (I think its called aspic usually?). personally, the texture and appearance wigs me out too much to eat it but most of my family loooove it so... maybe meatloaf jello is actually less goofy than it sounds. maybe. euughghgh... :tongue:

☆✭~⋞《a temporary visitor, taking comfort from the flame...》ミ~*。✧.゚*・゚’゜.︵‿ ~~. .
prwlnglthr
Casual Poster ⚓︎

**SPLAT**

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022 @940.22 »

Welcome to the forum Speck!! :4u:

I notice you say you like cold weather... pls trade weathers with me, I'm so sick of the snow here ( * is way up north * ) :happy:
I love video games, but we seem to like pretty vastly different genres x3 (I did get super into Fire Emblem: Awakening back in the day though and RPed as Chrom a lot)... Pokemon brings all gamers together tho! What are a few of your favorite pokemon??

ohhh please please please trade please
texas just cooled down, finally, like a week and a half ago and ughhh... it's so nice to be able to wear jackets and pants again instead of looking like a fratboy in gym shorts and cutoff T's all the time. it actually snows down here sometimes; out in far west texas, where it's mountainous, I think they usually get one or two snowfalls a year. I drove out there one time with my friend when it snowed 7 inches and we had so much fun oh my god :cheerR: I'll see if I can find photos maybe

oh yeah? I'm all over the place, honestly, so I'm sure we have some crossover :grin: what do you play? I also def play plenty of casual games and I completely forgot how much I love JRPGs even just as a format. don't have a lot of time to check them out (though they're 100% on my list to play). with fe, awakening was my first game!! going backwards, now, to see more of the series; I just wrapped up fe7 and am gonna do fe8 next, I think?

ohhh man I miss text roleplay so much :notgood: that's what I used to run little sites for back in the day, actually

hmm favourite pokes... of all time? absolutely the torchic line. first game was sapphire and torchic is literally the cutest little thing guhhh ;_; I also love altaria, garchomp, whimsicott, breloom, chandelure, articuno, and growlithe! god I really do love a lot of them

the games have kinda lost me as of late (probably bc of how often they come out and the subsequent crunch, but they're also so. damn. expensive. :TnT:smile: though they look beautiful and I still have fun with them when I do get them

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi