Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @533.67 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  Other Forums?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Other Forums?  (Read 3361 times)
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023 @223.33 »

ReOmniverse is a roleplaying forum where you can choose a character- OC or from some media from books to games- and have them go on adventures in a world with eight different biomes to explore. It's a play-by-post format, so you write forum posts just like on here with a bunch of things your character does. Anything from silly antics to serious or even edgy storylines are accepted and welcome. It's a lot of fun!

Oooh I'm looking around the site now and it seems very cool :eyes:

I used to do forum roleplay as a kid (and later deviantart art rp groups) and have been feeling nostalgic for it, so this seems right up my alley.

memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2023 @534.65 »

There are MyAnimeList forums: https://myanimelist.net/forum/. But if you want to talk about a specific series, it's better to go to that series page and then scroll down to the discussions.

Also Anilist forums: https://anilist.c:ha:forum/overview

To be fair Anilist forums are much more lackluster in terms of discussion and depth, at least in my experience (although it felt like there was less toxicity than MAL)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023 @709.77 by memo » Logged
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2023 @541.69 »

... (although it felt like there was less toxicity than MAL)

Yeah, after downloading the MAL app to track the anime I've been watching, it sometimes sent me a notification to check out new episode discussions. Big mistake lol :tongue: :pc:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2023 @625.74 »

Yeah, after downloading the MAL app to track the anime I've been watching, it sometimes sent me a notification to check out new episode discussions. Big mistake lol :tongue: :pc:

It's really a hit or miss, I don't usually post there but def had a miss last summer. :sad: Personally I don't think it's worth it because I don't care about actively conversing about every new chapter and episode in each series. I haven't been much to anilist, I just know that some people prefer it
Stonehead
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hello

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2023 @62.44 »

I use a few other forums, mostly just for hobby stuff though.Giant in the Playground https://forums.giantitp.com has a great forum for rpg discussion. https://rpg.net serves a similar purpose, but I use it a lot less frequently.

Zenius-i-vanisher https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/forums.php Is one of the few places to talk about rhythm games, although not that many people want to so it's a bit small haha. There are still a good amount of custom songs and mods being made there though.
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2023 @176.86 »

Here is an active forum I found today while trying to find information about 16colors.com (an old pixel art animation community from the mid-2000s).

https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php

It doesn't have anything to do with what I was looking for, but it might be interesting for some of you. "Vintage Computing Federation Forums"

memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2023 @522.66 »

Zenius-i-vanisher https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/forums.php Is one of the few places to talk about rhythm games, although not that many people want to so it's a bit small haha. There are still a good amount of custom songs and mods being made there though.

omggg I used to check this one so often back when I was obsessed with bemani music!! I also remember them having a useful tool which you could manually update to tell where arcade cabinets were. It's such a shame that arcade culture never really took off in the western world in the last ten/fifteen years
Swiftpaw

it/its

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2023 @656.09 »

glacial_pace
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2023 @893.81 »

https://neoseeker.com/forums was the one i used probably the most in the early 2010s.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2023 @702.58 »

Creature Caves is a decent forum for fans of the Creatures Game series, you got mods, gaming trick and resources to get the game to run smoothly. they even have their own inside virtual pet

Mod the Sims despite being a site mostly for the Sims Mods has a decent community section complete with user journals

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2023 @771.92 »

I've stumbled across a very very new forum (as in like, I'm the third user including the admin), of which I really dig the atmosphere, so I thought I'd spread the word a little.

It's LGBTQ-centric and structured as this online version of an old-school queer dive bar with some almost roleplay-ish introductions to it (you know what I mean if you've seen the way residents of the Midnight Pub interact with the notion of it being a pub - kinda a similar vibe here). But also space themed at the same time.

As the official introduction puts it:

Space Bar is an online homage to all brick and mortar LGBTQ+ bars, clubs, pop-up dance parties, pride events, and underground spaces in the world: past, present and future. Anywhere there's BIPOC queer and trans revolution.

I have no idea how one goes about bringing more people to a forum, but I thought sharing it would be a nice start :3

Check it out for yourself

(p.s. It's 18+ though. Not so much for the content - the hosting platform rules won't allow anything like that anyway - as for the general adult population of the space, I've gathered.)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2023 @818.72 »

I've stumbled across a very very new forum (as in like, I'm the third user including the admin), of which I really dig the atmosphere, so I thought I'd spread the word a little.

It's LGBTQ-centric and structured as this online version of an old-school queer dive bar with some almost roleplay-ish introductions to it (you know what I mean if you've seen the way residents of the Midnight Pub interact with the notion of it being a pub - kinda a similar vibe here). But also space themed at the same time.

As the official introduction puts it:

I have no idea how one goes about bringing more people to a forum, but I thought sharing it would be a nice start :3

Check it out for yourself

(p.s. It's 18+ though. Not so much for the content - the hosting platform rules won't allow anything like that anyway - as for the general adult population of the space, I've gathered.)

Is it a big roleplay? I looked at the spacehey forums of it and that's what it looked like on spacehey
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2023 @876.28 »

Is it a big roleplay? I looked at the spacehey forums of it and that's what it looked like on spacehey

I haven't been on the SpaceHey version (I like forums better), and considering the population I'd not be surprised if it went full on roleplay, but as far as forums go... More like roleplay elements for the sake of the atmosphere, I'd say? It's still just a forum. It's not structured as a roleplay and there are no rules and systems that usually go along with it. Like, sure, I did absolutely "get" drinks at the bar when I first joined, but after that the conversation just went on casually. It's a good ice braker, I think.

On the aforementioned Midnight Pub regulars often greet each other as patrons and make up drink orders, but that usually just serves as an introduction to whatever post they are making (With an occassional roleplay-ish shtik about a local pet or smth, for fun). And not everyone does. And on this forum, we're all technically citizens of the Melonland, which I'm pretty sure ensued some joking playing at least once already.

I think this place has potential to follow the same logic.

So like. Yes, but no, 'cause you're not playing a character? (not any more than we usually do--) Also it's not like that's mandatory. The only rule is not to be a bigot. The bullettin board is just a promo board. The restroom so far gets some roleplaying in it, but I think it's intended as a vent room? I'm new there as well, I'm just sharing the vibes I got x)

I like things like that personally tho - I'm not in the headspace to go full on roleplay on dedicated forums, but I absolutely love to add a bit of it to my normal posts sometimes. *vaguely gestures*

I just usually keep that in check after r/creepyasterisks decided that all and any 'roleplay' is creepy and shamed my brain

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2023 @24.17 »

Adding onto the animanga forum list, both Anime News Network and (somehow) Gaia Online have active forums. There's also MyDramaList for eastern dramas and pop music.

The only one I really use besides MelonLand is basement community. They're pretty chill all things considered. They're not quite as warm and welcoming as some of the forums mentioned are, but they basically just like talking about tech so if you like talking about tech you'll fit in just fine.

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2023 @73.25 »

For dollz and pixel art, the forum is not suuuper chatty (the chat stays mostly on discord) but the monthly challenges are a big hype!

https://pixellounge.boards.net/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What community message boards and forums did you frequent?

Started by maryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 33
Views: 4123
Last post April 14, 2024 @966.08
by Misanthropic Monster™
Let's talk about FORUMS!

Started by wrinkledlionBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 34
Views: 3259
Last post November 11, 2023 @821.39
by creaturefeature
imood forums

Started by dotmidiBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 1
Views: 651
Last post November 29, 2022 @106.62
by neoratz

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi