Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @204.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  ?? How can I support the forum ??

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ?? How can I support the forum ??  (Read 739 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: March 15, 2023 @824.33 »

How can I support the forum?? 
:loved:

A few people have brought this up so I wanted to make a quick topic for anyone who wants to support the forum or offer their assistance in its maintenance!

Things you can do for free!
Firstly! The most important thing you do to support the forum is to be here! A forum is pretty silly if no one is on it; so without you being here and being you, there would be no forum  :ok:

However, there are a few specific things you can do to help improve the forum and keep it a good place for others:
  • Let people know about the forum! You can put a badge on your site - you can also follow MelonLand on Neocities!
  • Start community projects or events - goals that bring people together are great, particularly if they don't require extra work by me!
  • Reply to help topics - it's great when you're able to support others in the help section.
  • Write on the Wiki - adding your knowledge to the wiki is really helpful, it's your wiki, add whatever you think it needs.
  • Post interesting links and share events! - This helps create energy and a feeling of being part of a wider world.
  • If you're a professional-level programmer let me know! - I may need help with a feature!
  • If you're a pixel artist let me know! - The forum always needs new gifs and graphics.
  • If you make other assets like 3D models, games or sounds let me know! - There might be something needed!
  • Post feature requests and bugs! - These help a lot, but please test, research and plan, the more you do the less I have to do!
  • If you'd like your project to collaborate with the forum in some way that can be great too!
  • You can promote the web revival outside this forum - This is just one part of a wider culture - its worth reaching out on other platforms!

I would like to donate!
Yes, this can be done! As a general rule, I don't talk about forum costs or try not to put a value on the time I spend working on the forum; however, there certainly are costs and a lot of time involved!

If you are employed and/or have the cash to spare then a coin or two a month goes a long way to offsetting costs and making me feel supported  :blush: In general a regular small donation is the most helpful, however, if you prefer a single donation is fine too! At the moment donations are my only source of income; I don't think they will ever be a viable way to live; but a little support every month certainly helps!

The best way to donate is via Ko-Fi (https://ko-fi.com/melonking); it uses PayPal or credit card; if you have trouble with that let me know!

At the moment there is no indicator for donators; however, if you donate/have donated in the past let me know and I'll keep a list of names - if we ever add a donator indicator (like a lil heart next to your name) I'll retroactively add people.

Thanks again for your interest in supporting the forum  :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21041
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5463
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3368
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi