Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @303.36 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Things you love that no one else relates too?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Things you love that no one else relates too?  (Read 1985 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: December 06, 2022 @162.97 »

Im not sure if this topic is acutely gonna work by its very nature :tongue: but, what are the things you love that literally no one else relates too? None of your friends are into them, no one else you know online is into them. Do you have things like that?? Am I the only one?? :TnT:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
helga

a bit of a hater. oh and a loser too

StatusCafe: helgapataki
iMood: helga

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022 @661.04 »

i do! hey arnold: although there is a small community online i feel like it's a black sheep fandom, lmao.
i listen to a lot of music artists that most people won't recognize, like boy scouts, samia, arlo parks, and more (i'm so indiepilled and underground /s)
a lot of stuff i used to find myself alone in liking has grown over the years like milo murphy's law and eizuoken. however most stuff i like have communites (big or small) or are at least recognizable to others which is good!
CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022 @103.46 »

Crocodile Dundee, lmao. I even made a fansite for a web design project in college, though that was nearly 20 years ago now and I don't believe I ever actually published it. But I've never met anyone else who loves it to the point of "fandom."

Also sea monkeys? It seems to be making a small comeback but it's nothing like it was when I first got into the hobby.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022 @849.44 »

I have a reputation for liking things everyone else hates. Usually movies.

I think the old Super Mario movie is great. I don't like most of the Mario games and hadn't ever played one before I saw the movie, so I had no expectations or source material to compare it to. On its own, it's a fun, cheesy scifi movie that gets way too much hate.

I also fully believe that The Phantom Menace is a mostly great film. Anakin's acting isn't great (but it's still awful how much Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best were bullied for their roles in the film), but even as a young kid I didn't find the political plot boring and I've never hated Jar Jar. But even if those things were all as bad as people say, the pod racing scene and fight with Darth Maul at the end would still make up for it.
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022 @998.85 »

I think the old Super Mario movie is great. I don't like most of the Mario games and hadn't ever played one before I saw the movie, so I had no expectations or source material to compare it to. On its own, it's a fun, cheesy scifi movie that gets way too much hate.

I also fully believe that The Phantom Menace is a mostly great film. Anakin's acting isn't great (but it's still awful how much Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best were bullied for their roles in the film), but even as a young kid I didn't find the political plot boring and I've never hated Jar Jar. But even if those things were all as bad as people say, the pod racing scene and fight with Darth Maul at the end would still make up for it.
The first Super Mario movie was one of my favorite movies as a kid, super weird and surreal

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022 @62.50 »

The first Super Mario movie was one of my favorite movies as a kid, super weird and surreal

It took me 35 years but I can finally say I know another person who likes this movie :grin:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022 @167.29 »

Is this different from the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, because I loved that show!

PASTA POWER!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022 @173.59 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022 @196.13 »

Is this different from the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, because I loved that show!

PASTA POWER!!

I have actually never seen the Super Show, but hear it's good. I meant the Bob Hoskins/John Leguizamo live action movie.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022 @668.51 »

i do! hey arnold: although there is a small community online i feel like it's a black sheep fandom, lmao.
i listen to a lot of music artists that most people won't recognize, like boy scouts, samia, arlo parks, and more (i'm so indiepilled and underground /s)
a lot of stuff i used to find myself alone in liking has grown over the years like milo murphy's law and eizuoken. however most stuff i like have communites (big or small) or are at least recognizable to others which is good!

I love Hey Arnold! I don't "maintain" my fandom for it, so to speak, but I have been toying with the idea of going back and watching it, because apparently it still holds up. I still think of the box car racing episode every time someone says the word "mauve."

And speaking of old Nickelodeon cartoons, mine would probably be The Angry Beavers. It's also kind of a black sheep fandom, and was a very stupid show, but it still makes me laugh and I love it. I used to run a fan listing for it back in the day.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022 @936.77 »

It's probably going to sound weird but... I actually like feeling old in a way.

Like, I appreciate youth in the sense of physical health, but socially I've always preferred to be seen as older than younger. I like being thought of mature and wise rather than immature and foolish (even though to be fair, that's not always determined by age). I also like still being able to remember things from decades ago, I think it's pretty cool, and I like having had life experience.
Maybe it could be to do with me growing up youngest in my family and felt like everyone looked down on me and saw everything I said and thought as worthless and insignificant. As a kid I wanted my childhood to be over and to this day I don't regret that feeling. I only wish I could have experienced some of those years as an adult instead of as a kid.

It seems everyone else around me feels the opposite, so I guess as it as something that no one else seems to relate to.

I love Hey Arnold! I don't "maintain" my fandom for it, so to speak, but I have been toying with the idea of going back and watching it, because apparently it still holds up. I still think of the box car racing episode every time someone says the word "mauve."

And speaking of old Nickelodeon cartoons, mine would probably be The Angry Beavers. It's also kind of a black sheep fandom, and was a very stupid show, but it still makes me laugh and I love it. I used to run a fan listing for it back in the day.

Same here, I love both shows! I've actually had the honor of meeting Richard Horvitz himself (voice of Dag) at a con a few years ago. He's like my idol in voice acting lol.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2022 @640.53 »

There are several games I'm very into but have nobody to talk to about my findings about it. Right now, I'm playing War Gods, which was a mid 90s 3D fighting game by Midway using an engine that would later be used for Mortal Kombat 4. It uses something called "digital skin" where they get actors, take pictures of them in costume, and use those photos as textures for the models. Seen this done with faces and heads before, but not for the whole body. It also had fatalities and other finishers.

However, it's slow and clunky, and not many people remember it very fondly, but I love it. I played Klassic MK to death, so War Gods was right up my alley.

I'm playing it to death, trying to discover the AI and how to manipulate it like you do with Mortal Kombat, but literally nobody is interested inn my findings...

I'm the same, there are movies and games I can't help but love that nobody else around me does. I strangely enjoy Bubsy 3D, and films like "Santa Who?" and Batman & Robin.

I really need to watch the old Super Mario movie, it looks right up my alley!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2022 @892.28 »

I'm the same, there are movies and games I can't help but love that nobody else around me does. I strangely enjoy Bubsy 3D, and films like "Santa Who?" and Batman & Robin.

I really need to watch the old Super Mario movie, it looks right up my alley!

If you like Batman & Robin, I have a feeling you'll like Super Mario. They're very similar in tone. Kinda dark and grimy but not in a serious way, and everyone involved in making it was embarrassed by it later :grin:

I love Batman & Robin too. I think of it more as a continuation of the series from the '60s rather than the Tim Burton films. George Clooney would have been a great successor to Adam West's Batman.
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2023 @839.85 »

I think I am physically unable to love something unless it's at least 7 years old :tongue:

I love love LOVE discovering obscure things - one of them is Circa Infinity, a circular puzzle-platformer game (just a heads up - it's very trippy and kind of flashy!) I became obsessed with for a few years. Still holds a special spot in my heart, I'm all for mesmerizing, symbolic visuals that are up to interpretation. The good thing of lesser known media is that you don't get second hand interpretations or theories from others, so you're free to make your own with no influences :cool:

Oh yeah, I also love the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!! I haven't watched many episodes of it yet, but it's SO interesting to see how they tackled the idea to make a cartoon series based on a videogame (one of the first ones, for sure!). It's also endearingly cheesy in an 80's way, and even my favourite Mario character (Birdo!) makes a few appearances :ozwomp:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023 @845.87 by Corrupted Unicorn » Logged

brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023 @890.00 »

Hardly anyone understands why I mess around with computers all day at work and then do exactly the same at home as a hobby.

They certainly don't understand why I like messing around with 50 year old electro-mechanicals like my jukebox and 8mm film loop projectors. https://brisray.com/house/jukebox.htm
purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2023 @193.54 »

Well, I guess we've all found each other then! I (unironically) enjoy much of what has been listed here (e.g.: Hey Arnold!, the first Mario Bros. movie, Crocodile Dundee, The Angry Beavers, electromechanical devices, etc.). I have to check out Circa Infinity now...The gameplay looks completely different, but the circular movement makes me think of Ghost for some reason.

Cobra!, you've probably already heard of it, but if you like War Gods, you might also like Mace: The Dark Ages, another clunky 3-D fighter that was released by Midway around the same time. I remember playing that one a bunch back in the day. I am also interested in what you have found! One of my fondest memories was my cousin excitedly demonstrating to me his strategy to beat the original MK in a few minutes. He repeatedly used Scorpion's spear attack and then would uppercut when the opponent was stunned. So simple, yet so clever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1726
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 3583
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by 4ivilo
Weird/peculiar things you do when drawing

Started by DarmodejBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 15
Views: 2312
Last post September 09, 2023 @764.76
by bingus_baby

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi