Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @802.01
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 198.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Hello everyone!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1489 times)
gridbug
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Spring, 16 Apr 2023 @900 » Embed

Hello everyone, I'm new around these parts. I just love the aesthetic of this whole place and have been having so much fun making a little website and I want more opportunities to enjoy using the web.

I'm not too keen on posting detailed information about myself, I have a healthy amount of paranoia about those things and never got into any social media. I will say that I am in my twenties, studying philosophy at a university, I like to drink coffee, watch movies, read poetry. And I'm hoping that doesn't narrow it down.

I used to post on Zelda forums as a dumb snot-nosed nine year old and mostly annoyed and aggravated the more mature 13 year old users, so I'm hoping that now I am older I can actually contribute to a good conversation.

I'm going to respond to some more peoples' posts, get the ball rolling : )

Logged
Cele
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 17 Apr 2023 @708 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome! I agree with you, I don't like sharing too much about myself, especially in a single place :innocent:

Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f339750d47b841f86b411f210c89bc48/a3f9ac693d24060d-e8/s400x600/2fce684b29380077b902465628201ec7b63f98ff.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/7fa851235decd83fb1f04728a2473956.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/f082aecc2519321c0a13c39f701907bf.png
https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gothorita.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 18 Apr 2023 @632 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi gridbug, welcome to the forum  :4u:

I'm glad you like the place  :grin: What drew you to philosophy? Is there a big question you're trying to find an answer too?

I think we are all trying to figure out what we want from forums and the web; its a rocky road, but we will get there!

Hope you enjoy your time here!  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3fwoggiecurious fish
gridbug
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 18 Apr 2023 @864 » Embed

Thank you for the welcome @Melooon and @Cele  :unite:

Honestly I've been reading and thinking about philosophy so long that I don't remember why I started, I'm in too deep ;o;

I have this general sense that there are all sorts of interesting problems that we should be approaching philosophically, both big political problems like climate change and but also cultural and aesthetic questions, questions about things like scientific inquiry, ethical questions, the philosophy of friendship, the virtual, being online, I'm really interested in the philosophy of art and aesthetic theory. I'm still fairly early in my growth as a thinker, so I haven't really narrowed down my interests or decided what positions I agree with.

You might be interested to know that I went to a conference with someone doing research on social media and the internet, from a social epistemological perspective, and I got to talk to her for a bit about web 1.0 and this whole phenomenon of people recreating the old web, so who knows we might have some philosophical papers published by people on this :eyes:

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe