Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 - @157.92
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Howdy!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 1935 times)
RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


🍄🖤🐀
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Winter, 28 Dec 2022 @136 » Embed

Howdy! I’m Rodrick (Rod for short). I’m a full-time student majoring in game development. I make art, make games, and make websites.

I am into a variety of hobbies and things. My hobbies range from bookbinding to drawing (digitally and traditionally) to writing and reading to web and game development to pacing around in circles thinking about my OCs for hours at a time. I try to play games myself, but I end up watching others play them most of the time. Visual novels, interactive fiction, and 2D RPGs are the game types I’m most into. I enjoy a story with what I’m doing (also I’m prone to motion sickness so I don't play many 3D games).

I have multiple sites. Some are long gone or under construction, while others are still up and running. My sites all fall under my two domains (deadinsideartist.art and shroom.ink) and their subdomains. They range from being completely handwritten to being made with static site generators. I’m self-taught and young so I’m constantly learning new stuff and trying different tools. I enjoy being able to see the things I create from anywhere and on anything as long as I have an internet connection.

Random facts about me:
  • I have 39 tabs open in my browser as I write
  • I’m currently drinking non-alcoholic sparkling grape cocktail out of a Hatsune Miku shot glass
  • My internet died twice while I was writing this
  • Talking in new places makes me nervous :sad:

Don’t ask me how I found Melonland. Clicking through different neocities sites and on different buttons got me here. For quite a while I’ve been wanting to be a part of a web development community whose focus wasn’t around “the best SEO” or “the types of projects that’ll help you get noticed by recruiters”. I started doing web development for the same reason I started doing art: for my own enjoyment and fun. It’d be cool to be able to get a job in the future with my skills, but I’d personally like to forget capitalism exists whenever I can.

Logged

https://shroom.ink/images/buttons/Shroom.Ink.gif — we art, web dev, and game dev — https://shroom.ink/images/buttons/DeadInsideArtist.Art.gif
plantovision
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


born to ":3" forced to ":)"
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 28 Dec 2022 @170 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome to the forum! :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:

As a fellow game developer, I can say with full certainty that-
I am going to open more tabs than you! >:3

Logged

Quote
born to be silly, forced to be stupid
https://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/Button.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/EvergreenButton.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/ButtonAnti.png
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 28 Dec 2022 @613 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi Rod, welcome to the forum :4u:

Wow bookbinding is always a useful hobby, Id love to make my own book someday! You seem like a very talented person all around - Im always impressed by how talented people are who join this forum :grin:

Quote
pacing around in circles thinking about my OCs for hours at a time
Ah yes, I too am guilty of this.

There are quite a few game developers on the forum now - Maybe we should make some sort of arcade to showcase games :ozwomp:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Memory
Guest

« Reply #3 on: Winter, 28 Dec 2022 @619 » Embed

I love your use of colors in your post!

Logged
RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


🍄🖤🐀
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 28 Dec 2022 @826 » Embed

I am going to open more tabs than you! >:3

Doubt. I worked to clear out a bunch of my tabs yesterday, otherwise there would've been a lot more. My tab issued has gotten so bad that I had to get this browser extension to keep track of it all and sort through it.


Wow bookbinding is always a useful hobby, Id love to make my own book someday! You seem like a very talented person all around - Im always impressed by how talented people are who join this forum :grin:

You're too kind. Also bookbinding is a lot easier than you'd expect. The main issue is having the patience and time to do it. It can be quite tedious.

I love your use of colors in your post!
Thank you! I wanted to make the text snazzy while still being simple

:transport:



Logged

https://shroom.ink/images/buttons/Shroom.Ink.gif — we art, web dev, and game dev — https://shroom.ink/images/buttons/DeadInsideArtist.Art.gif
Cele
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: Winter, 28 Dec 2022 @948 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome to the forum :ha: (looks at my 633 tabs)

Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f339750d47b841f86b411f210c89bc48/a3f9ac693d24060d-e8/s400x600/2fce684b29380077b902465628201ec7b63f98ff.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/7fa851235decd83fb1f04728a2473956.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/f082aecc2519321c0a13c39f701907bf.png
https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gothorita.gif
plantovision
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


born to ":3" forced to ":)"
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: Winter, 29 Dec 2022 @215 » Toggle Font Embed

There are quite a few game developers on the forum now - Maybe we should make some sort of arcade to showcase games :ozwomp:

This seems like a good idea, I'd like to see what others have been working on, in terms of games. (and i'd like to plug plug plug plug plug plug)

Logged

Quote
born to be silly, forced to be stupid
https://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/Button.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/EvergreenButton.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/ButtonAnti.png
HayleyMulch
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: Winter, 29 Dec 2022 @708 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome along! I always get nervous about joining new places to talk as well, but you'll find that the folk here are sound :4u:

Logged

https://hayleymulch.neocities.org/images/daniel-lando.gifhttps://hayleymulch.neocities.org/images/sonic_cd.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe