Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @570.57 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Self-introduction

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Self-introduction  (Read 643 times)
rainmirage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hi :)

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 18, 2023 @266.61 »

:transport: Hi everyone! I'm Rain! :) I joined this forum because I saw someone on Neocities with a melonland webring, and stumbled my way onto this forum. I haven't posted on a forum since I was about 10, roleplaying Warrior Cats in my infancy.  :ha:

A little about myself... I love Neocities, Geology, anime and tokusatsu! I started my Neocities because I felt like I couldn't express myself fully on twitter and tumblr, and it feels like my own little bonsai plant to nurture long term. I'm unfortunately too young to remember geocities (I'm 22) so instead it feels like a fun new adventure. :)

I really hope I can make some friends here and I look forward to meeting you all!

:TnT: Not a mackerel!
SilkSkull

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023 @270.44 »

Welcome! I too had a warrior cats phase (it would be best left in the past). I love your site's main page, the background is awesome! I'm gonna spend some time exploring it after! I hope you enjoy the forums!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

rainmirage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023 @272.31 »

Welcome! I too had a warrior cats phase (it would be best left in the past). I love your site's main page, the background is awesome! I'm gonna spend some time exploring it after! I hope you enjoy the forums!!!

Thanks so much! It's the only thing I've ever used my design degree on orz

I had a little question, since it's been a while since I used a thread-based platform - what's the general rule on necro-ing threads? How long is too long before it's not appropriate to reply to a post? I ask because clearly this is a slower-paced space than the internet at large these days and I don't want to make any presumptions.

SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023 @274.05 »

Thanks so much! It's the only thing I've ever used my design degree on orz

I had a little question, since it's been a while since I used a thread-based platform - what's the general rule on necro-ing threads? How long is too long before it's not appropriate to reply to a post? I ask because clearly this is a slower-paced space than the internet at large these days and I don't want to make any presumptions.

You might have to ask melon on that one but there is definitely some old threads that still get posts! I feel like you should be good! I know recently a couple month old post was dormant and it got a post from a new member

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023 @606.76 »

hi, welcome to melonland! I also used to roleplay warrior cats and hadn't really used forums much since then haha

your site is really cool! I like your collection of crying cats :)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023 @668.22 »

Hi Rain, welcome to the forum!  :4u:

I'm glad to see more people looking at their sites like bonsais  :grin: Necro-posting is totally fine on this forum, you can post on anything you want!

Hope you enjoy your time!

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
almostcorporeal
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023 @163.97 »

Rain! Oh my goodness hi! We follow each other on neocities! Glad to see you around the forums!!  :ha:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
rainmirage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023 @185.29 »

Rain! Oh my goodness hi! We follow each other on neocities! Glad to see you around the forums!!  :ha:

Hii!!!! Great to see a familiar face :) Your website is total goals so I feel like I'm in the presence of someone much cooler than me >u<

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023 @484.41 »

Heya and welcome!

For some reason the itch.io link you set up is broken though. :( Shame, because the Art Gallery game is really cool!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi