Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @238.62 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 524 times)
tombofnull
Newbie ⚓︎

World Wide Worm

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 08, 2023 @229.63 »

Hello!

I go by Null [they/them] online, under the moniker TOMB of NULL. I'm an artist-illustrator-maker fellow for fun and funds [but I'd much rather focus on the just the fun stuff while over here]. Most of the stuff I make for myself is usually centered around critters, creaturefolk, and the worlds they inhabit. I happened upon Melonland by accident while browsing Itch.io. Seems like a cozy place, so figured it wouldn't hurt to hop on. :]

Aside from drawing, I also like collecting zines, fiddling around with my website, and really anything that lets me make something with my hands. My latest not-art project was getting an old 3-in-1 [tapedeck, turntable, and radio] music thing from the 70s/80s back up and kind of running. Tapedeck's stuck in vaporwave mode but nonetheless working. B]

I do have a website! I treat it like my virtual gallery and studio space, hovers in an awkward realm between "professional" and "I do whatever I want", and its the primary place I like to home my stuff online. Its current iteration is a massive work-in-progress.
Also, I am not sure if it is completely in-line with the rules to share here? While most of the stuff showcased there is pretty approachable for a general audience, there are a few works that err into overt horror or heavier topics. I have said works behind a content filter so those who don't want to engage with that kind of stuff don't have it thrown at their eyeballs willy-nilly. If that crosses the line regardless, let me know and I'll be happy to remove the link.
Website

I greatly enjoy having a place in cyberspace I can tweak and sculpt as I please, away from the noise and pressures of the current major spaces online, which [while much more labor intensive] is why I tend to that space like I do over making my home online anywhere else.

Webweaving isn't my primary workhouse, but slowly I'm learning and I'm always open to talking about art-making and snails. :]

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023 @617.65 »

hello, welcome to the forum! I've been a fan of your art for years, I really love your blend of dark shadows, fantastical worlds, and interesting looking characters!

also that 3-in-1 old music thing sounds really cool :o

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023 @956.93 »

Hi Null, welcome to the forum :4u:

Ohh this is seriously accomplished work, it's a very mystical feeling! Also look at that worm go! He is doing art and we should be ready for it :ozwomp:

hovers in an awkward realm between "professional" and "I do whatever I want"
Ah yes this is a realm I am very familiar with and I've still not found the perfect solution, we will get there!

Is any project ever really a not-art project? What's your favourite snail?

Hope you enjoy your time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tombofnull
Newbie ⚓︎

World Wide Worm

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023 @379.48 »

hellcomlo, wee to the forum! I've been a fan of your art for years, I really love your blend of dark shadows, fantastical worlds, and interesting looking characters!

also that 3-in-1 old music thing sounds really cool :o

Oh hello! That's wild to hear haha! I appreciate the complement! :D

And it is! The guts of the thing are neat to look at--all the little mechanical parts and chunky looking electronics and all. Granted it isn't a piece of hi-fi equipment, but it does the trick and got it for real cheap so can't complain.

Also I LOVE the way you organized your website's pages!

Ohh this is seriously accomplished work, it's a very mystical feeling! Also look at that worm go! He is doing art and we should be ready for it :ozwomp:
Ah yes this is a realm I am very familiar with and I've still not found the perfect solution, we will get there!

Is any project ever really a not-art project? What's your favourite snail?

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you! Oh yeah you get it HAHA, it is an interesting position to be in but I don't think I'd want it any other way. :D

In regards to Snails: Leptopoma nitidum is one of the prettiest snails out there, fire snails look incredibly cool, and the giant African land snail is one you can't not love [unless you are in agriculture, understandably], but the common garden snail's the king of snails in my heart. The are the most snail of snails in my opinion. :]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi