Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @772.21 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 382 times)
tombofnull
Newbie ⚓︎

World Wide Worm

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 08, 2023 @229.63 »

Hello!

I go by Null [they/them] online, under the moniker TOMB of NULL. I'm an artist-illustrator-maker fellow for fun and funds [but I'd much rather focus on the just the fun stuff while over here]. Most of the stuff I make for myself is usually centered around critters, creaturefolk, and the worlds they inhabit. I happened upon Melonland by accident while browsing Itch.io. Seems like a cozy place, so figured it wouldn't hurt to hop on. :]

Aside from drawing, I also like collecting zines, fiddling around with my website, and really anything that lets me make something with my hands. My latest not-art project was getting an old 3-in-1 [tapedeck, turntable, and radio] music thing from the 70s/80s back up and kind of running. Tapedeck's stuck in vaporwave mode but nonetheless working. B]

I do have a website! I treat it like my virtual gallery and studio space, hovers in an awkward realm between "professional" and "I do whatever I want", and its the primary place I like to home my stuff online. Its current iteration is a massive work-in-progress.
Also, I am not sure if it is completely in-line with the rules to share here? While most of the stuff showcased there is pretty approachable for a general audience, there are a few works that err into overt horror or heavier topics. I have said works behind a content filter so those who don't want to engage with that kind of stuff don't have it thrown at their eyeballs willy-nilly. If that crosses the line regardless, let me know and I'll be happy to remove the link.
Website

I greatly enjoy having a place in cyberspace I can tweak and sculpt as I please, away from the noise and pressures of the current major spaces online, which [while much more labor intensive] is why I tend to that space like I do over making my home online anywhere else.

Webweaving isn't my primary workhouse, but slowly I'm learning and I'm always open to talking about art-making and snails. :]

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023 @617.65 »

hello, welcome to the forum! I've been a fan of your art for years, I really love your blend of dark shadows, fantastical worlds, and interesting looking characters!

also that 3-in-1 old music thing sounds really cool :o

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023 @956.93 »

Hi Null, welcome to the forum :4u:

Ohh this is seriously accomplished work, it's a very mystical feeling! Also look at that worm go! He is doing art and we should be ready for it :ozwomp:

hovers in an awkward realm between "professional" and "I do whatever I want"
Ah yes this is a realm I am very familiar with and I've still not found the perfect solution, we will get there!

Is any project ever really a not-art project? What's your favourite snail?

Hope you enjoy your time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tombofnull
Newbie ⚓︎

World Wide Worm

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023 @379.48 »

hellcomlo, wee to the forum! I've been a fan of your art for years, I really love your blend of dark shadows, fantastical worlds, and interesting looking characters!

also that 3-in-1 old music thing sounds really cool :o

Oh hello! That's wild to hear haha! I appreciate the complement! :D

And it is! The guts of the thing are neat to look at--all the little mechanical parts and chunky looking electronics and all. Granted it isn't a piece of hi-fi equipment, but it does the trick and got it for real cheap so can't complain.

Also I LOVE the way you organized your website's pages!

Ohh this is seriously accomplished work, it's a very mystical feeling! Also look at that worm go! He is doing art and we should be ready for it :ozwomp:
Ah yes this is a realm I am very familiar with and I've still not found the perfect solution, we will get there!

Is any project ever really a not-art project? What's your favourite snail?

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you! Oh yeah you get it HAHA, it is an interesting position to be in but I don't think I'd want it any other way. :D

In regards to Snails: Leptopoma nitidum is one of the prettiest snails out there, fire snails look incredibly cool, and the giant African land snail is one you can't not love [unless you are in agriculture, understandably], but the common garden snail's the king of snails in my heart. The are the most snail of snails in my opinion. :]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi