Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @286.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 564 times)
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 19, 2023 @966.42 »

Hello!
This place seems like the laid-back forum community I've wanted to find for ages. I'm glad I made it here.
Anyway, my name's Piper. Maybe some people on here have seen my web site, Badgersaurus, but probably not. I have had it for a little over a year now and it is my greatest accomplishment in my short life so far.

I am 16 and I hail from the prairies of Canada, which is a dry, dusty, cold place not unlike Mars. I'm a pretty laid-back person, for the most part. I use she/her pronouns.
My interests are pretty varied, but nearly all of them fall under the umbrella of 'low-brow art': I love cartoons in all forms, whether drawing or watching or reading them, and science-fiction in general, whether it be the self-serious short stories published in online magazines or ridiculous B-movies about giant monsters. I also love vinyl art-toys and street-art.
I also love all things 60's design and fashion! Furniture, clothes, marketing, film, music, I can't get enough of it.
Speaking of music, I am a full-on punk rocker (or at least I like to think I am.) I love the genre so much, and always have, but I listen to tons of different stuff. Right now I'm having a country phase.

In terms of hobbies, I enjoy birdwatching (I've seen 92 species out in the wild!), paddleboarding, playing video games (especially point-and-click adventures), and working on my aforementioned web site.
That's it, I guess! I hope to stick around.

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023 @982.19 »

What? Badgersaurus here? Bro I use to frecuently visit your website since its beginnings and it's really cool! I didn't expect you to get here, welcome!!  :ozwomp:
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023 @994.20 »

@GeckoF No way! That's super cool. Thank you for reading it, and the welcome!!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023 @69.57 »

Hi Piper, welcome to the forum!  :4u:

Those are all extremely good interests! And having a site like yours at 16 is definitely a real accomplishment; my biggest accomplishment at 16 was getting out of bed for school  :grin: (Maybe it still is  :ohdear: )

60s pop design is very much my thing right now too - it's cool, yet liberating, yet silly, yet deeply complex.. and it all happened so fast, go back 20 years and the 40s is like another planet! ooo I could go on about this.

What's your favourite piece of 60s design/pop culture artefact?

Hope you enjoy your time here!  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023 @152.78 »

@Melooon Thank you so much for the warm welcome! <3
This is going to sound strange but probably my favourite 60s pop design thing is actually cereal packaging and mascots. My mom works in graphic design and has a bunch of books on packaging and logos throughout history, and when I was a kid my favourite one to flip through was all scans of old cereal boxes and other cereal-related ephemera. They're interesting to me both because the designs themselves are adorable but also because of the legal kerfuffles and ethical debates relating to them; cereal with mascots on the boxes were unusual because they were unambiguously marketed towards children, so a number of landmark cases and debates about marketing towards children took place in the 70s specifically surrounding cereal characters and the commercials they starred in.

My all-time favourite cereal mascot is this unnamed blue giraffe. She was the mascot for the short-lived cereal Kelloggs Triple Snack, which was produced for only three years starting in 1963. I think she's quite charming.

And I totally agree on the sheer amount of change over just a few decades around the middle of the 20th century being one of the most fascinating parts of this stuff. It really is wild how far apart those decades seem, even though it wasn't that long between them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023 @154.38 by Badgersaurus » Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023 @795.03 »

Wow. I feel like I'm the youngest person here lol. I have yet to see someone claim to be (besides me ofc) 14 or younger.
fieldofhate
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: FidgetoftheField

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023 @40.91 »

i like your website ^-^
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2023 @48.07 »

@fieldofhate Thank you! <3 I work very hard on it so it means a lot to me when I get compliments.
I like the little art gifs you have on your website, they're really charming.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023 @50.68 by Badgersaurus » Logged

Rowan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Mook

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2023 @76.15 »

Welcome! I checked out your website just now and I'd just like to mention that I find your art style super cute!  :transport:

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi