Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @935.08 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 90/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hiii!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hiii!  (Read 281 times)
BartTheZech

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 25, 2023 @153.04 »

Hi! I'm Bart, and um I like the way this stuff looks :D. I'm pretty new to geocities/neocities stuff and well I wasn't around for that stuff.  BUT I've been there for forums and really loved them. Finding this place has honestly made me just have a really happy feeling inside, I love the personalized touch everything has and how
unique
and expressive everything is compared to uh, current media. Is this forum meant to be like a 2000s forum mixed with a more 90s aesthetic? Might be wrong on that. Oh I still don't have my own site yet >.< though I'm planning to make one.

I saw on some other posts people mentioning birds, my gf loves birds and I actually own two parakeets. Pretty cool birds, though I got mine when they were already a year old and they're in general afraid of any human.

I've got a few cool interests. Miniatures and boardgames are a big passion of mine, planning to have those included for the site I want to make. Arcades are also pretty cool, I've had a few visits in them lately. Ofc also play video games.

Oh yeah! I've been trying to get into books too. Finished up Lord of the Rings last, I'm going to be trying to find new stuff to read but I'm like worried of finding something to read next.
Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023 @238.53 »

Oh lol hello fellow namesake, my name is Bart too! And i really like to read :)
Tried Lord of the Rings once too(i have all 3 books) but couldnt finish -  the lore is amazing but style of writing was a bit too hard for me to comprehend... Im more of Pratchett person x)
BartTheZech

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023 @261.31 »

Oh lol hello fellow namesake, my name is Bart too! And i really like to read :)
Tried Lord of the Rings once too(i have all 3 books) but couldnt finish -  the lore is amazing but style of writing was a bit too hard for me to comprehend... Im more of Pratchett person x)

Hey Bart! :D  How far did you get for Lord of the Rings? I've struggled through for some of the chapters as well but I was able to finish it. I have never read Pratchett though I know he did Discworld ? I recall seeing some RPGs have it as a setting and people talk about it but I don't really recall what it was about now. If you have any fantasy recommendations I'd love to hear them.
Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023 @19.39 »

How far did you get for Lord of the Rings?
It was recommended to me by librarian lady :) I was a child back then so maybe this is why these books didnt stick with me.
I have never read Pratchett though I know he did Discworld ? I recall seeing some RPGs have it as a setting and people talk about it but I don't really recall what it was about now.
Yeah this is his most popular series and i love it. Super good read when you are not feeling good, it's ironic, sometimes absurd(just like Monty Python movies!) and have a lot of modern world references.
If you have any fantasy recommendations I'd love to hear them.
Oh boy oh boooy i sure have some though i struggle to find good read too. My last reading was "The Last Unicorn" by Peter Beagle. Its super melancholic, super magical, love these kind of books. Similar to this one is A Wizard of Earthsea series by Le Guin, though it might seem very serious and cold at first pages; i enjoyed it neverthless. Eragon was nice too but i didnt finished all the books...Cant remember why o_o Arthemis Fowl series if you are into fantasy with a pinch of sci-fi( i stopped at Time Paradox book...It became too youngadulty)
Im also eyeing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe too, heard a lot of praise.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023 @981.34 »

Hello bart, welcome to the forum  :ozwomp:

Omg is everyone called bart now?? Do I need to change my name to bart? How is this goonna work  :drat:

I really enjoy the lord of the ring books; they are so full of pomes and songs and weird lil people - the movies are cool and epic, but the books are so much more  :grin:

THe Pratchett books are very fun; nothing like LOTR but totally worth a read if you like surreal British-type humour. Going Postal is one I enjoyed because its about instant messaging taking over everyone's lives, but in a super archaic way  :grin:

Hope u enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi