Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @228.40 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Howdy, Melons

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Howdy, Melons  (Read 533 times)
manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 09, 2023 @175.73 »

I've had a lot of usernames and online nicknames over the years, currently mostly going by Kyle or kph (not a government name, but still my name). But I'm excited to see how people decide to shorten the latest handle ;)

Late 20s, he/him, haver of many interests and chronic jumper between them. I  used to be a web developer for my highschool's website, actually, where I learned a lot of database programming and Javascript, but I'm still trying to recapture the neopets glory days if I'm being honest. I just love the little pixels, and customizing them, and collecting items, and having such a sprawling world to discover. Not to mention the forums. :)

I'm a writer first, mostly poetry and fanfiction but getting into essay-writing/blogging for fun on my neocities. I'm a programmer second, really pushing myself to work in vanilla Javascript these days (because neocities and because limitations are fun) but I'm most comfortable in R/Python/PHP and passingly familiar with a half-dozen others. And then I occasionally do visual art, mostly as an excuse to look at and think about clothes.

One of the things I want most on the internet is better, smaller, nicher, weirder fashion groups. Instagram is such a hellscape, but there's just nowhere else where people are talking about style like that. I like the tangents and weird connections of the small internet. I like just writing webpages from scratch in a text editor because it's a natural language for my brain after all these years. I'm hoping to find some of the community aspect of it here, too.
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023 @339.11 »

Hello and welcome!! Hope you enjoy the forums!

Love your site! Really enjoyed reading your essays and poetry!! :ozwomp: Your now page is also so neat!

manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023 @750.20 »

Hello and welcome!! Hope you enjoy the forums!

Love your site! Really enjoyed reading your essays and poetry!! :ozwomp: Your now page is also so neat!

Thanks! The now page was the most recent addition, and it still needs a little tinkering on mobile, but I learned a lot putting it together! Still kinda can't believe it's all CSS--we've come a long way from when I first started making webpages. Glad you liked the poems, too <3

Also, I love your signature. Never thought I'd see an oldschool signature bar for Kankri Vantas! Did you make it yourself?
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023 @901.39 »

Yus!! It's so amazing it's CSS only!! That's so cool!

And I think Prayer Shawls for Soulless Things, Feeling These Feelings, and Things That Spread have to be my top three of your poems! :ozwomp:

And oh goodness I wish I did! Haha nah it was made by my friend way way back on the old forum days XaiakuX!
It actually is indeed an old forum signature, they made it... oh man like 2012 maybe? Pretty much shortly after Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 3 when he was introduced lol I preserved it all these years and still love it to pieces!!

Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023 @959.59 »

*sigh* this is wonderful. When I clicked on your Pixel Art, I was so happy to see clothes. I love the bottle warmer so much. I totally get you on the vanilla JS. It's just pure fun to work with the limitations, yet not fully commit to the small web. What a joy to click through your site. I am feeling really inspired to make Now Page now myself! There is so much I could put on there!

Oh, also I am stealing the Black Bean Soup recipe! :evil: Welcome to the Melonland. Very happy to have you. :4u:

xx <3
manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023 @702.27 »

Yus!! It's so amazing it's CSS only!! That's so cool!

And I think Prayer Shawls for Soulless Things, Feeling These Feelings, and Things That Spread have to be my top three of your poems! :ozwomp:

And oh goodness I wish I did! Haha nah it was made by my friend way way back on the old forum days XaiakuX!
It actually is indeed an old forum signature, they made it... oh man like 2012 maybe? Pretty much shortly after Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 3 when he was introduced lol I preserved it all these years and still love it to pieces!!

Oh my gosh, that's so kind! Those are definitely some of the ones I'm most proud of. Do you write yourself?

That's really cool!! Although I... did not realize that Kankri was introduced that long ago. I really thought it was more like 2015. So many of my Homestuck memories are so much longer ago than they feel! ^^; Just looked around my own computer to see if I could find my own old forum signatures, but they're not on my current computer or my dropbox account so I may just have to make a new one. It's such a fun style!

*sigh* this is wonderful. When I clicked on your Pixel Art, I was so happy to see clothes. I love the bottle warmer so much. I totally get you on the vanilla JS. It's just pure fun to work with the limitations, yet not fully commit to the small web. What a joy to click through your site. I am feeling really inspired to make Now Page now myself! There is so much I could put on there!

Oh, also I am stealing the Black Bean Soup recipe! :evil: Welcome to the Melonland. Very happy to have you. :4u:

Oh my god, I was just looking at your neocities yesterday and thinking how cool it was. Bit of an oldschool Kreludor/Virtupets vibe. Love the heading font and the navigation and all of the little snippets you've written about how you think about what you're doing making a website. Especially "Virtual Digital Hypothetical Pet", which would also be an amazing band/song name. But the idea of infinitely immutable collections of pixels being appealing as a sort of gender ideal is really :unite:

Anyhow, thanks! I thought it was very funny to put my knitting there, so I'm glad you also got a chuckle. Looking forward to seeing your Now page, and I hope the soup recipe serves you well.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023 @59.17 »

Hi man! welcome to the forum  :ha:

Acetate is a really lovely pome, it actually caught me off guard; Im kinda rushing through welcomes, but Id like to come back and give these a bit more time; And I hope your whole website becomes an academic publication some time, nothing is too nonliteral!

Hope you enjoy ur time here!  :4u:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023 @602.40 »

Hi man! welcome to the forum  :ha:

Acetate is a really lovely pome, it actually caught me off guard; Im kinda rushing through welcomes, but Id like to come back and give these a bit more time; And I hope your whole website becomes an academic publication some time, nothing is too nonliteral!

Hope you enjoy ur time here!  :4u:

Awww, thanks! That's so kind. I really appreciate this little space you've made and all the work that's clearly gone into filling every little corner with cool stuff. :)

In my particular field, it's definitely possible to be too nonliteral for publication  :tongue: So it's been freeing, really, to not worry about that. But maybe someday I'll bookbind them, or compile them, or something else. For now I'm really enjoying the free, casual, malleable creative process of doing it for the web.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi