Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @197.08 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  New cat on the block :D

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New cat on the block :D  (Read 479 times)
KittyTheKat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Any/All and Agender

iMood: KittyTheKat

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 18, 2023 @755.57 »

:cheerR: Hello everyone!
I'm Kitty or Keith, and I just started getting involved with Web Revival stuff. I remember y2k sites like this very vaguely from my childhood so it evokes a lot of nostalgia for me despite my not really being involved with them before now. I've always been interested in the aesthetic and I (like a lot of people here it seems) don't gel with newer sites like Twitter and Instagram so I'm excited to try this out!

In my day-to-day I'm a student of sociology and in my free time I mostly play PC videogames and tabletop games. I love fantasy and sci-fi, especially aesthetics native to the 90s and 00s like Star Trek TNG and classic DND and MTG stuff.

I like to think I'm a pretty friendly person even if socially awkward at times. Feel free to message me whenever you want; I'll probably respond pretty quickly and once I start talking about something it's hard to stop! People tell me I'm well-spoken but it's just how I write :P

I'm also a pretty big furry which I was somewhat anxious about before I poked around the forum for a bit - I guess that's actually pretty common here! Also, I use any pronouns and don't prescribe myself a gender identity. If it's easier for you, many people just go with he/him but I like when people get creative with it.

I look forward to meeting you guys!!!

"Hell is other people. But that’s only that side of the coin. The other side, which no one seems to mention, is also “Heaven is each other.” … Hell is separateness, uncommunicability, self-centeredness, lust for power, for riches, for fame. Heaven, on the other hand, is very simple—and very hard: caring about your fellow beings." -Jean-Paul Sartre
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023 @758.19 »

Hello, Kitty. Wecome to Melon Land. I'm still pretty new myself.

BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023 @892.84 »

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here! There are definitely plenty of social media haters and furries (and probably lots of us that are in the center of that particular venn diagram haha) so you'll probably fit right in :ha:

Boots (it/he)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023 @851.41 »

Hi Kitty, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Im a big fan of the older StarTreks, the TNG enterprise is like a big flying office of good morals and serious thoughts  :smile: Is there an episode you particularly like?

Hope u enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
KittyTheKat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Any/All and Agender

iMood: KittyTheKat

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023 @922.69 »

Glad you're also a fan Melon!!
Is there an episode you particularly like?
My fav is probably "Darmok", the one where Picard has to communicate with an alien race who only speak in allegories. I think it's one of the most well-known episodes and that's for a good reason. The overarching theme of reaching an understanding with someone you previously found impossible to communicate with has always been extremely relevant to modern life... I feel like there are a lot of situations where if people just tried to understand each other's point of view, they would get along really well!

"Hell is other people. But that’s only that side of the coin. The other side, which no one seems to mention, is also “Heaven is each other.” … Hell is separateness, uncommunicability, self-centeredness, lust for power, for riches, for fame. Heaven, on the other hand, is very simple—and very hard: caring about your fellow beings." -Jean-Paul Sartre
Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023 @928.53 »

hiya! I just had to let you know that I adore your fursona. I love the silly energy in your site's banner :loved:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023 @47.21 »

fav is probably "Darmok", the one where Picard has to communicate with an alien race who only speak in allegories
This is a great choice :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi