Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @400.28 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Saluti! Greetings, fellow Netizens!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Saluti! Greetings, fellow Netizens!  (Read 611 times)
Rrim0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!Joined 2023!
« on: November 10, 2023 @734.59 »

Hello, everyone.
New user incoming! (つ✧ω✧)つ

Some basic information to introduce myself:

- I'm from Italy.  :chef:

- I'm in my 30s.  :tnt:

- Drawing is my main hobby. I do traditional art only (mainly pencils, ink and watercolour) and I prefer sketching to polished drawings.
I'm a self taught hobbyist that started taking drawing "seriously" only a few months ago. I'm having a blast learning the fundamentals and messing around.

- I love anything horror, but my favourite media is horror movies. I am a big fan of sci-fi & body-horror and really enjoy looking at different monster designs.
I have seen more than 500 horror movies from 20+ different countries.

- I have a huge(?) collection of washi tapes, stickers, origami paper and stationery that I got back when I lived in Japan (too expensive here, almost too cheap there SIGH)

- I have been online almost daily since 2001, but I'm not really nostalgic about those days. It's... complicated.

- I am someone who doesn't take themselves seriosuly AT ALL.
I have a great tollerance for controversial topics. I love black humor.

Nice to meet you all!
(o^▽^o)/

Regarding my presence here:
I've been lurking this forum since this August. I know what y'all did last summer! (¬‿¬ )

Seriously, though:
I have a personal website on neocities and with it I'm currently experimenting and slowly learning HTML/CSS.
I just started my "coding journey" in August 2023, hence why I've discovered the forum back then.
MelonLand is famous! HI, MOM!!!

For now my site is a simple repository of some of my sketches and things I use or generally enjoy.
I have some projects for expanding it (I'm planning a big horror shrine, ehe), but for now it's just a cozy little incomplete experiment with messy code. 

A big dream of mine is building a simple psychological horror visual novel with drawings made by me.
I'm thinking of doing that with HTML/CSS/JAVA since I discover it could be possible, but that'll probably take months if not years to even begin ^^;
We'll see in the future!

Anyway, that's all from me for now. See you around the forum!

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023 @740.03 »

Hey Rimo :ozwomp:

I think it's really cool that you took on the challenge of learning to draw better, and finding community on Reddit about it! Seeing the images on the site, there's a clear improvement :4u:
If you want to create an online visual novel with HTML/CSS/JavaScript, there are some great resources for that. Other people on Neocities have some templates for that, and maybe you're also interested in using Twine for it :smile: Have you heard of it before?

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ shevek’s welcome pack ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹
> Check out the welcome post :smile: <
If you are unsure how to use a forum, here’s our wiki post about it!
You can also fill in your forum profile, change your font and color, and pick a forum theme to suit your needs!
Wanna talk, but don’t know what to post about? Maybe start by telling us about your latest progress or your username :loved:
P.S.: You should know that the forum is closed every Monday.
Don’t be alarmed when you see a closure screen, the forum will be back. :4u:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Rrim0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023 @770.96 »

Hi, shevek! Thank you for the welcome pack. :ozwomp:

Seeing the images on the site, there's a clear improvement
Aaaw, thank you! <3 I should actually post more recent drawings, but taking decent photos is too hard for me so I'm being lazy. :/
And yes, finding a community on reddit and starting to share my drawings has helped me tremendously, especially in the "low self esteem pls send help" department.

I do think that challenging ourselves to learn new skill is essential, especially when we start becoming "real adults TM".
Creative challenges are essential to stay sane and feel human.

maybe you're also interested in using Twine for it :smile: Have you heard of it before?
I've never heard about Twine, but to be honest I haven't really looked into the technological aspect of building a visual novel yet.
I will look into it. Thank you for the suggestion! ^_^

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023 @783.03 »

Hi! :unite: I love your art style! I want to try drawing with brush pens sometime.

I love stationery too, I started collecting stickers recently!

I'm also a fan of sci-fi and horror but I haven't seen nearly that many movies LOL, I've mostly been trying to read more but I also want to expand my watch list.

Vroom vroom
Rrim0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023 @619.29 »

I want to try drawing with brush pens sometime.
DO IT!!! It's really fun! And it's difficult in its own unique way, so you have to think very differently than with a pen or a pencil. At the beginning is very frustrating, but when you start to "let go" you improve very very fast. It's really an exercise of giving up control, for me.

I'm using a pentel pocket brush and the quality of the ink is excellent (I'm not an expert, though), but I've heard that the regular pentel fude pen is even better. :)

I started collecting stickers recently!
Collecting stickers is so much fun! The problem for me is... using them. Of all the stickers I own, I probably used less than 1%... I'm trying, but they are like my little treasure that I hoard and protect from dangers. My preciousss...

Do you buy them from stores or online? I'd like to buy some from indie artists, but ehm, some are a little bit too expensive for me now. Almost all my collection comes from Japanese 100 yen shops.

I'm also a fan of sci-fi and horror but I haven't seen nearly that many movies LOL
To be honest I've been a fan of horror movies for 20+ years, so I had a lot of time to watch all these movies. I'm also probably closer to 1.000 than 500, but I say this with a little shame, aha. It's a blatant case of quantity over quality for me, even if I end up enjoying almost all the movies I watch, even the really bad ones. I just find them charming.

I've read some horror books, but not many (but I've read a lot of books in general). Do you have a book (even not horror) that you particularly enjoyed lately?

Oh, and if you enjoy manga, there are a few horror ones that are really really good... That counts as reading, too! ;D

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023 @837.96 »

Do you buy them from stores or online? I'd like to buy some from indie artists, but ehm, some are a little bit too expensive for me now. Almost all my collection comes from Japanese 100 yen shops.

I do a little of both. I've bought some cute deco sticker packs off Etsy for relatively cheap but if there's a site you know that sells cheaper stuff online I'd love to see! :ha: I buy from indie artists occasionally when I find something unique, and ya usually it's about $3+ for one sticker, but as an indie artist myself I also have to price that way so I understand. ^^'

I find some cute stuff at the dollar store occasionally too.

To be honest I've been a fan of horror movies for 20+ years, so I had a lot of time to watch all these movies. I'm also probably closer to 1.000 than 500, but I say this with a little shame, aha. It's a blatant case of quantity over quality for me, even if I end up enjoying almost all the movies I watch, even the really bad ones. I just find them charming.

I've read some horror books, but not many (but I've read a lot of books in general). Do you have a book (even not horror) that you particularly enjoyed lately?

Oh, and if you enjoy manga, there are a few horror ones that are really really good... That counts as reading, too! ;D

I read the Big Book of Ghost Stories recently, something like over 1,000 pages of misc. short stories and classics.

Not horror but I really enjoyed Piranesi by Susanna Clark, it's fantasy that's sorta liminal-space adjacent. I also got hooked on the Dublin Murder Squad series.

I do enjoy manga, if you have any recommendations that'd be great! (I've read quite a bit of Juni Ito but that's it)

Vroom vroom
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023 @928.34 »

benvenuta c: piacere di conoscerti!  :unite:

your site is super cool, i love the font that you used and all the orange  :4u:

pleaaaase show off your stationery here one day, i love seeing peoples' collections since i'm too broke to get my own  :dive:

hope you enjoy your stay here!! welcome welcome welcome again!!

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
Rrim0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023 @717.35 »

@itspencilz

I buy from indie artists occasionally when I find something unique, and ya usually it's about $3+ for one sticker, but as an indie artist myself I also have to price that way so I understand. ^^'
Oh, yeah, I totally understand, too! And my main problem is not the price of the stickers themselves, but the postal fees. A lot of artists I follow and I want to buy stuff from are from North America so the price end up becoming something like 3 o 5 dollars a stickers and then 20+ dollars postal fees + sometimes custom fees. ;_;

I have yet to find a cheap online shop, but if I find one I'll keep you in mind!

Piranesi by Susanna Clark
Ah, it's already on my to be read list! Glad you liked it. I'm kind of hyped myself! :D

Regarding horror manga, I particularly like:

- Dragon Head by Mochizuki Minetaro.
One of those manga that has a twist to it that really surprised me the first time I read it. I reread it every few years because some scenes are very iconic and the overall message is pretty cool. Medium length with 10 volumes.
Another story of the same author that I like is Zashiki Onna. It's only one volume and it has some very creepy panels!

- Dorohedoro by Hayashida Q.
Very dirty style (that I adore), but incredible and memorable characters and very fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but when it's time to get creepy or violent, it goes HARD.
I've been a fan since 2008 and I have a sizeable collection of merchandise. I laughed, I cried, I was horrified... it has everything! So yeah, I LOVE IT. It's kind of long though, like 24 volumes.

- Shiki by Ono and Fujisaki.
Very distinctive drawing style and I loved the overall atmosphere. The story is good and full of tension. It's medium length with 11 volumes.

- Black Paradox by Jinji Ito
I know you said you read some of his manga, but a lot of time this little gem is ignored (or disliked, sigh). It's my favourite of his works because I really really like the overall theme. It's one volume long, so check it out if you already haven't!

- The Summer Hikaru Died (Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu) by Mokumokuren
This is an ongoing manga with 3 volumes now. It's... it's pretty strange, actually. The premise is pretty good and horrifying, but then the characters are adorable and some moments are pretty sweet. So far incredibly good with an amazing style!

And that's it from me for now. I hope you will find something interesting from this list! \0/

@keybladekid6

GRAZIE!!! Nice to meet you, too! ヽ(⌒▽⌒)ノ

Thank you for the compliments on my site! I see from your about page that you like the colour orange, too! *high five*
And you like Kingdom Hearts! Same... ;__;
I was really into it like 10 years ago and I still feel nostalgic when I think about Roxas in particular. Poor boy.

pleaaaase show off your stationery here one day, i love seeing peoples' collections since i'm too broke to get my own
Maybe one day I will! I plan to scan some of my stickers and washi tapes to put them on my site, but I could also show them here, maybe with some of the pens/brushes I use when I draw/journal.
I really like looking at other people's collections, too. Compared to some I've seen online mine is pretty modest. ^^   

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023 @770.53 »

Oh, yeah, I totally understand, too! And my main problem is not the price of the stickers themselves, but the postal fees. A lot of artists I follow and I want to buy stuff from are from North America so the price end up becoming something like 3 o 5 dollars a stickers and then 20+ dollars postal fees + sometimes custom fees. ;_;

Oh ya, that's because USPS wants all merchandise sent overseas to be sent as a package, even if it could fit perfectly fine in an envelope for like $2. It's insane.
Regarding horror manga, I particularly like:

- Dragon Head by Mochizuki Minetaro.
One of those manga that has a twist to it that really surprised me the first time I read it. I reread it every few years because some scenes are very iconic and the overall message is pretty cool. Medium length with 10 volumes.
Another story of the same author that I like is Zashiki Onna. It's only one volume and it has some very creepy panels!

- Dorohedoro by Hayashida Q.
Very dirty style (that I adore), but incredible and memorable characters and very fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but when it's time to get creepy or violent, it goes HARD.
I've been a fan since 2008 and I have a sizeable collection of merchandise. I laughed, I cried, I was horrified... it has everything! So yeah, I LOVE IT. It's kind of long though, like 24 volumes.

- Shiki by Ono and Fujisaki.
Very distinctive drawing style and I loved the overall atmosphere. The story is good and full of tension. It's medium length with 11 volumes.

- Black Paradox by Jinji Ito
I know you said you read some of his manga, but a lot of time this little gem is ignored (or disliked, sigh). It's my favourite of his works because I really really like the overall theme. It's one volume long, so check it out if you already haven't!

- The Summer Hikaru Died (Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu) by Mokumokuren
This is an ongoing manga with 3 volumes now. It's... it's pretty strange, actually. The premise is pretty good and horrifying, but then the characters are adorable and some moments are pretty sweet. So far incredibly good with an amazing style!

And that's it from me for now. I hope you will find something interesting from this list! \0/

I'll try to check these out! :cheerR:

Vroom vroom
Rrim0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023 @620.25 »

that's because USPS wants all merchandise sent overseas to be sent as a package, even if it could fit perfectly fine in an envelope for like $2. It's insane.
AH, I see... I didn't know that. I'd like to say it makes sense, but no. No, it doesn't. (눈_눈)

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023 @641.89 »

heya! it's nice to see you here ^^

keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023 @140.84 »

WAHH, you like hikaru ga shinda natsu AND kingdom hearts AND stationery? let's be best friends pleaseeeee!!!!!  :transport:

scanning ur stationery to use on your site is the best idea ever. i used some scans of stationery on a page of mine that i never published and it was so cute  :4u: i can't wait to see what you do with it!!

i have a million things to talk about with you, so i hope we can chat more  :dive:

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
Rrim0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023 @848.66 »

it's nice to see you here
Nice to meet you, too! :D
Jeff Boomhauer's rap is incredible. But like Hank said, I didn't understand a thing!

i have a million things to talk about with you, so i hope we can chat more
SURE! I think I'll be around here for a while, so fire me a message when you want and we will chat. ;)

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi