Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @380.60 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  good morning, starshine!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: good morning, starshine!  (Read 544 times)
honeybread
Casual Poster

plus est en vous

StatusCafe: honeybread
iMood: honeybread

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 15, 2023 @69.65 »

okay, i think i've lurked enough! it's high time i introduce myself. :grin: i'm honeybread, i'm a young millennial and i'm excited to be a more active member of the "slow internet" (as ironic as that sounds... or, reads...)

i joined neocities about a year ago and have since been slowly peeling away from the centralized internet and into corners like this one, that feel more comfortable for me. my coding skills are still very rudimentary — i learned the basics back in 2009 when i started using tumblr, but that knowledge lay dormant until recently. but! i do really love it! and here's why:

• my favorite thing is the amount of imagination it invites. limitations breed creativity and that never feels more true than when you're toying with css! i typically doodle what i want something to look like and then try to figure out how to reverse engineer it o3o
  • in that vein, i love the personal challenges to grow and improve. i know all coders steal but it's been a fun challenge to look at something and say "let's see if we can mimic it" without looking at the source :3c
  • i'm also a graphic designer by trade and getting to design things entirely to my specifications is intimidating and thrilling. like, finally, i get to decide the colors! ... but there's SO many colors! >w<

finally, i'm glad that blogs and forums and the like all welcome long-form content. i don't think anyone would describe me as short-winded...

my other hobbies include: video games, crochet, writing music, writing fiction, skincare, cooking and baking, reading and dating (and yes, i have to call that a hobby, because otherwise it feels like a job).

re: writing music — i'm a classically trained musician and love performing in opera, oratorio and recital. however, i also write pop music and would love to publish an ep some time this year! it's hard to learn every skill needed especially when i've spent so many years just honing the vocal aspect, but, one must follow their heart, slowly but surely!

i listen to various genres, including midwest emo, 70s hits and kpop. i also love listening to podcasts and watching documentaries! my favorites are sports podcasts (including the athletic nba show and the bill simmons podcast, and five to four, a podcast about how the supreme court sucks) and documentaries about daily medieval life.

that's all she wrote... for now! if you'd like to find me other places, you can follow my neocities, my status.cafe, or my tumblr. looking forward to talking with you all here :~)

keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023 @120.14 »

love ur site!! your writing is very sweet and scrolling through your piclog was cool too c:
your site is very easy on the eyes and makes me feel relaxed and peaceful -w-

welcome!!! i'm glad you've graduated from lurking  :dive:

you're a vocalist!! that's awesome!! what's your range? i sing in a choir, and i've been bumped to soprano 1 even though i'm more in the tenor/alto range and it is killing. me.  :tnt: it's good practice, but it's so harddd... much respect for sopranos....

what's your favorite opera btw? c: do you like the genre generally to watch it/listen to or moreso just to sing it?

sorry for all the questions ^^;; welcome again and much love!  :4u:

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
honeybread
Casual Poster

plus est en vous

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023 @140.76 »

don't apologize for questions! i would've just kept lurking if i didn't want any :innocent: thank you so much for your sweet comments, i hope to have my site feel like a comfortable place, no matter the "theme." <3

so i'm very lucky to have a versatile range, F3 to F6 (trying to bump that up to a G6 someday...) but i train primarily as a lyric soprano! it can be tough to sing up there, but as long as it doesn't hurt you i'm happy to have you in the sop club hehehe

and i don't listen to opera daily, i prefer to sit down and watch one through than listen to it. it's hard to pick a favorite... probably "turandot" by puccini, or the pirates of penzance by gilbert and sullivan. not similar at all but both make me very happy!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023 @626.24 »

Hi honeybread, welcome to the forum  :ha:

I spot a Hole avatar! I was super into them around the time I was setting up this forum; Reasons to be Beautiful is great!

You can use all the colours! It's a lot of fun finding cool ideas on other sites and being like, "Oh if I did this but changed, I could do something totally new!"

Hope you enjoy your time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
honeybread
Casual Poster

plus est en vous

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023 @658.34 »

I was super into them around the time I was setting up this forum; Reasons to be Beautiful is great!

glad to be recognized by another hole appreciator :~) (side thought: the fandom should be called shovels...) 

i also love "celebrity skin," but "live through this" has the perfect cover art that helps to amplify those heart-tearing emotions within — a great example of how the "peripheral" elements of an album can make a huge difference!

rev
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023 @710.29 »

hello!

your site is so pretty, oh my gosh!! although i have to wonder, looking at your site news, what "bisexual cosmos" could have possibly looked like lakjdjsfhvb;;

honeybread
Casual Poster

plus est en vous

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023 @959.97 »

hello!

your site is so pretty, oh my gosh!! although i have to wonder, looking at your site news, what "bisexual cosmos" could have possibly looked like lakjdjsfhvb;;

ah that is so sweet of you to say especially when your site is gorgeous! i love how you balance aesthetics and usability; i'm obviously trying to go down that delicate path myself :innocent:

... bisexual cosmos wasn't all that different from my current theme now that i think of it LOL, same pastel blues and pinks and starry skies, just more of it all. this theme is its mellow cousin i suppose

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023 @982.44 »

Hello!

Great website btw! Very cute! Love the sidebar.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi