Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @359.99 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Your ambience

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your ambience  (Read 1552 times)
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2023 @723.38 »

Just found this post and I gotta check all the videos out!!

I listen to my own stuff a bunch when working/driving, its mostly all very chill and it kinda feels like a video game soundtrack for my life :ha:

https://wetnoodle.neocities.org/music

Memory
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023 @587.28 »

Either this:
Boards of Canada - Echus

Or this:
Stars of the Lid - Austin Texas Mental Hospital, Pt. 2

Might be some of the best ambience I have ever heard.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023 @572.82 by Snow » Logged
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023 @595.28 »

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023 @235.42 »

Usually when I'm writing or working on something that needs my full concentration (so, nothing with lyrics, obviously), I put on movie soundtracks. I usually try to keep the soundtrack I choose relevant to the tone or genre I'm writing for to really get me in the vibe of my work. For example, if I'm writing a dark fantasy story, I'll listen to The Dark Crystal soundtrack.

The composers I tend to listen to the most are Danny Elfman and James Horner~

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023 @948.29 »

I love how many video game soundtrack enthusiasts are here!  :ha:  Undertale, NITW and horror games were mentioned already so I will add two more of my favorites:

There is a few bioshock ambience playlists that are great at vintage/retro vibes. This one is my favorite:

Hollow Knight's soundtrack is beautiful as a whole.

And outside of video games, I like this one in particular:

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2023 @100.23 »

there's still like 1000000 games i gotta get into that i'm pretty sure have rly good ambience but atm i rly like zelda dungeon ambience. generally anything that has like an eerie feel to it is rly fuckin good

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023 @102.51 by soapfriendo » Logged

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2023 @244.86 »

My two primary options are listening to the ambient radio stations on soma fm, OR my favorite ambient records! The best ambient record of all freaking time is undoubtedly The Things They Believe by Loathe, and second best is Malm by Acronym. I have a number of other favorite ambient albums but I highly recommend those two if you'd like to get into more ambient artists, but definitely listen to them first! The Things They Believe is unfathomably deep and complex, revealing more upon every listen. Malm is perfectly simple and envelops you in the sound as you listen.

Some other excellent picks are the third best option,
  • Electronic Works Vol. 1 by Dan Larkin, a brilliant first album by one of my current favorite electronic producers, heavily inspired by the early naughts electronic scenes. This and everything else on Larkin's record label "Opal Fruits" are an AMAZING starting place!
  • Nakazora by Amie Waters, a slow and dramatic album with thick ambience by an artist whose primarily known for synthwave of all things! It was dropped kind of out of  the blue and sounds nothing like what I've heard from her before, but I think it's probably her best work period!
  • Seraphim by How To Disappear Completely, very similar to Malm, but even MORE simplistic and less ominous. I have fallen asleep to this album more times than I can count
  • Thaumaturgy II by Obscure Sphinx, a strange and extremely dark sounding ambient record that was strangely released by a progressive/post metal band, as part of a live show recording! I have no idea what spurred them to make it, but I could hardly be happier they did!
  • As Above So Below by Soitchy, its borderline lofi hip-hop, but its CATCHY borderline lofi hip-hop!
  • Backrooms (Original Soundtrack) as well as People Still Live Here by Kane Parsons, both extremely interesting experimental takes on electronic ambient music that make heavy use of super strange instrumentation and characteristic leitmotifs to create a cohesive and beautifully unsettling vibe.

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi