Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @315.38 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?  (Read 6768 times)
ggnonicon
Casual Poster

smush the eyelid

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2022 @722.66 »

And I just want to take the time to mention, now that Disney owns the Predator franchise, we really need a Muppets vs Predator movie.

MUPPETS VS PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!!
 :ozwomp:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2022 @899.77 »

I watched "The Witch" (2015) a few days ago; wasn't sure what to expect.. I think I though it would be a typical junky horror movie; but omg it was so much more than that. If you're into psychological/supernatural horror I recommend it.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2022 @35.32 »

I watched "The Witch" (2015) a few days ago; wasn't sure what to expect.. I think I though it would be a typical junky horror movie; but omg it was so much more than that. If you're into psychological/supernatural horror I recommend it.

"The Witch" was on my radar when it first came out but then I forgot about it. Is there an actual monster/supernatural element or is it one of those horror movies where it turns out to be normal people and everyone is just falling for superstition? I really prefer when there's an actual monster at the end.

I went on a bit of a horror kick on Netflix a little while ago and watched The Ritual and The Void. I really wanted to watch The Ritual because I'm a sucker for a cool monster design. This one is definitely really cool looking, but the rest of the movie was barely watchable. All of the main characters are awful, and it's one of those movies where they always do the dumbest thing possible just so the story will move forward instead of finding an organic way to get to the same spot.

The Void had much better characters, but the story was a bit underdone. And while the monster designs were cool, the actual effects to bring them to life weren't great. I really appreciate any film that chooses practical effects over CGI, but the puppets could barely move so they were really limited with what they could do with them. I'd still recommend it over The Ritual, though, especially if you're into cosmic horror. It's kind of similar to Hellraiser or Color Out of Space, but not done quite as well.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022 @979.54 »

Is there an actual monster/supernatural element or is it one of those horror movies where it turns out to be normal people and everyone is just falling for superstition?
There is definitely something going on :tongue:

I watched The Blob (198:cool: last night! It was clearly a huge inspiration for Stranger Things although non CGI whitch really adds a lot to it; if you enjoy classic 80s over the top horror I recommend it!

Also watched Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (198:cool: - Its amazing how 80s adult comedies seem like family movies today :tongue: If you want a cheesy 80s comedy though this is one of the best.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2022 @43.37 »

Watched The Terminal today, guy stuck in an airport, does things, pretty cool. Enjoyed it! Apart from that I don't have much to say about it, there's a reason why most of my reviews on Letterboxd have 4 stars and it's not my honed sense of media criticism lol

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2022 @62.63 »

I watched The Blob (198:cool: last night! It was clearly a huge inspiration for Stranger Things although non CGI whitch really adds a lot to it; if you enjoy classic 80s over the top horror I recommend it!

I watched the Blob a looooong time ago, when I was honestly too young and it freaked the hell out of me seeing the half-dissolved people inside of it.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023 @987.29 »

I just finished watching White Noise (2022) (its on Netflix) - OMG Im still processing, but this might be the most important movie of the decade! :ozwomp: - Go and watch it!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023 @990.42 by Melooon » Logged

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023 @617.40 »

Just watched the A24 film "Funny Pages" with my boyfriend, it's about a guy in suburban life dropping high school to be a professional comic artist.. hijinks ensue VERY MUCH
I really liked the movie but it fell, so SO short
At the highest point of climax for the film they just ended it right then and there.. no resolution

:drat:

I prefer movies more rounded out
If it were longer I would have totally loved it
I give it a solid meh, 3/5 I wouldwatch it again with someone for the experience since there are a lot of "WTF?!" moments

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2023 @23.82 »

I watched Suspiria (1977) which is a really fun film, kind of dream like I guess? Really good music and aesthetic (the writing is kind of clunky but it seems like its supposed to be that way)

there's a newer version of it that I've heard is worth a watch

I watched Escape from New York for the first time, and I hate to be that guy but Escape from L.A. is way better. The story is cheesy and the special effects are terrible, but at least it isn't boring like N.Y.

:angry:

The second movie was Days of Heaven (197:cool: which is a drama set in about 1915 midwest of the US. I watched it because my dad said it might be his favourite film. I can totally see why it warrants being a favourite film; its super captivating and has an intense mood and amazing narration. I highly recommend it :omg:

I love Days of Heaven it's such a beautiful film. Golden fields of wheat...
also really like Badlands by the same director

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2023 @81.06 »

I most recently watched the new Pinocchio movie that came out last year. No, not that one. Not that one either. Definitely not that one! The one by Guillermo del Toro! It was really good. I love the stop-motion animation and the slightly creepy visual style and story. It feels like a classic Tim Burton movie.

:angry:

I knew someone would give me this reaction. :grin:
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023 @122.01 »

I actually can't remember because I don't watch much in general, and if I do watch things, it's usually TV series I watch with my partners or friends.
I think one of the last movies I actually watched was the Batman movie in cinema? Or Interstellar perhaps last year. I can't remember. Both of them were fun to watch as movies but I didn't like the messages or world views.
WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2023 @558.68 »

Violent Night

I can't say it was particularly good, but it was a fun watch. It's pretty much what you would expect from the description and trailer, Santa Claus beating a bunch of guys; although there were some dull moments in between.

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023 @985.44 »

My kid and I just watched The Thing, the one from 1982, because we had watched a review of it on Youtube and wanted to see it. I do love action and horror flicks, but that one was way better than I expected it to be. Tons of gore, of course, but the tension was amazing throughout.

I get the feeling that the ending probably upset some people, but I feel like it couldn't have gone any other way. We both really enjoyed it!

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2023 @166.52 »

My kid and I just watched The Thing, the one from 1982, because we had watched a review of it on Youtube and wanted to see it. I do love action and horror flicks, but that one was way better than I expected it to be. Tons of gore, of course, but the tension was amazing throughout.

I get the feeling that the ending probably upset some people, but I feel like it couldn't have gone any other way. We both really enjoyed it!

This is one of my favourite movies of all time! I'm assuming your kid is relatively young, but I loved horror movies ever since I was a tot too.

You may also want to watch the prequel from 2011, confusingly also called The Thing, which lead to a lot of people thinking it's a remake. It's not as widely loved, and a lot of people felt spurned that they abandoned practical creature effects for cgi, but I still think it's a great watch.

There's also a video game that serves as an official sequel, but it's pretty much impossible to acquire these days without piracy. And there's a board game too that is a staple at all my family gatherings :grin:

I've also seen the original "The Thing from Another World" from 1951. It's harder to recommend unless you're a fan of older movies. I can never convince anyone else to watch it with me, but I like it. There is some subtle humor in there that I really enjoyed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023 @170.53 by MamboGator » Logged
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2023 @752.55 »

This is one of my favourite movies of all time! I'm assuming your kid is relatively young, but I loved horror movies ever since I was a tot too.

You may also want to watch the prequel from 2011, confusingly also called The Thing, which lead to a lot of people thinking it's a remake. It's not as widely loved, and a lot of people felt spurned that they abandoned practical creature effects for cgi, but I still think it's a great watch.

There's also a video game that serves as an official sequel, but it's pretty much impossible to acquire these days without piracy. And there's a board game too that is a staple at all my family gatherings :grin:

I've also seen the original "The Thing from Another World" from 1951. It's harder to recommend unless you're a fan of older movies. I can never convince anyone else to watch it with me, but I like it. There is some subtle humor in there that I really enjoyed.

Ooooh, I didn't know about that game! I do love old obscure video games, so I'm going to have to check that one out.

I'd also planned on watching the one from the 1950's honestly, since I do enjoy a good old film every now and then. I'm not sure if the newer one would be my sort of thing, but I'll keep it in mind for a slow night!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4975
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1565
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3213
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi