Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @8.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  A game that you have played a million times?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: A game that you have played a million times?  (Read 3736 times)
Kiko
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I want a big sip of cucumber lemonade

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: August 23, 2022 @617.08 »

I was thinking about buying Jak II (after my sister traded the copy that we had many years ago) because it was truly my favorite game! First thing I did after school was turn on the ps2 and play it; I would play it over and over, I would do speedruns just to see how fast I could beat the game, I explored the city at the start of the game through hell and back!
and for how much I played, it surprises me that I kinda don’t remember a lot of the plot (granted, it’s been a decade).
The third game was just the same in terms of how obsessed I became, I remember you could unlock trucks and boi I want it all. I didn’t like cars but it was something to collect.

So what is The Game that you have played and replayed? that you have invested hours to collect every item, find every easter egg, unlock customizables, get every ending if it had multiple! and most importantly... That you enjoyed doing so!

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022 @683.00 »

Jak II is great. It's the only one in the series that I really got into, but I only played through the entire story once.

Resident Evil 4 is probably the game I've played through the most times. I know I finished the story at least six times on GameCube, then a few more times on Wii, and again on Xbox One and started playing it yet again on Switch a while ago. Yes, I have bought it four times, but I think each version added something extra to change or enhance the experience. Wii added motion controls for aiming, Xbox One added HD graphics, and Switch allows me to play it in handheld mode.

If you include multiplayer games, though, Team Fortress 2 is the winner. I put nearly 800 hours into it before finally quitting in 2015.
manpaint
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022 @719.12 »

When I was young I played a lot of Super Mario 64 DS and Pokemon Platinum. During my teenage years, I was really into RuneScape 3 (yes I know, very heretic).

Nowadays, I am a bit more relaxed on the gaming side of things. I am more focused on RuneScape preservation and creating my own games.

Version
Casual Poster

Ver. Narrative game and mystery media lover.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022 @723.97 »

I think the single game I have the most playtime in is Just Cause 3 (If I'm not wrong something like 350 hours). Mostly just messing around as a teen, trying to do crazy stuff with the game's mechanics. The amount of tricks you can pull off with what the game gives you is insane.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022 @725.07 by Version » Logged
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022 @794.24 »

Three games I always go back to are Tony Hawk's Skateboarding, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawk's Underground. (Notice a pattern? :tongue: )
I loved those games as a child, and nothing has changed!

I also go back to Robot Arena 2, Simcity 4 and The Sims 3 a lot! They aren't games that you can complete really, just games to casually play, and they're so much fun!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022 @674.58 »

I definitely wouldn't call myself a Sonic fan these days, but I was absolutely obsessed with those games as a kid. Sonic Adventure was the first video game I ever played (that wasn't a PC point and click edutainment thing) and I swear, I beat that thing at least five times. For some reason, I never beat Sonic Adventure 2, so I'm pretty disappointed in my younger self for that.

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022 @812.56 »

harvest moon is always my go-to!!! either back to nature or friends of mineral town (which are kind of the same game but different platforms). i've been playing it since i was a kid so it's a comfort nostalgia thing haha. same with katamari damacy! ive unlocked all eternal modes and more recently the very punishing 100% items achievement...>:-o

k4jtek
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022 @840.47 »

Minesweeper. I don't play games much, but it's always nice to clear a board or two between other more boring and more important activities. I also enjoy the mobile version included in the Google Play Games app. It'd be nice to get into Minesweeper speedrunning sometime in the future though I think there are better ways to spend my always too little time.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022 @23.81 »

When I was young I played a lot of Super Mario 64 DS and Pokemon Platinum. During my teenage years, I was really into RuneScape 3 (yes I know, very heretic).

Yeah Super Mario 64 was mine, only I played it on the 64. In fact, I still play through it regularly and enjoy it, and I even like playing through the SM64 randomizer, which randomizes all the stars and paintings. Adds a little unexpectedness to it, but you still get the classic gameplay and levels.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022 @111.34 »

I definitely wouldn't call myself a Sonic fan these days, but I was absolutely obsessed with those games as a kid.

Same here. I was a Sega kid and loved all of the 2D Sonic games. Sonic 2 is another game that I know I played way too many times.

I don't mind the Adventure subseries, but after that the 3D games plummeted in quality. I definitely couldn't call myself a fan now.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022 @520.52 »

I'd probably be lying if I said anything else but Minecraft. I have been playing it from when I was nine years old throughout my entire childhood and teenage years several hours every day, until I eventually did lose interest. I met my partner on a Minecraft forum.
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022 @832.59 »

Deus Ex. My parents got it for me as a surprise and it lodged itself in my heart ever since.
Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022 @921.57 »

My big two would likely be...

• Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses. Something about the games evocative tone gets to me. The visuals were like 5 years ahead of time, the story and music was esoteric and unusual and the battle effects and gameplay were mind blowing.
  • Skyrim. Each time I play it the game gets more comfortable to me. Its starting to feel like a meditative play that I can rehearse at will, all the characters always there willing to play the same roles as they always have. Jeremy Soule and Micheal Kirkbride, in tandem with Elder Scroll's whole focus on C0DA and creative expression really is a big aspect of this though.
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022 @961.62 »

Deus Ex. My parents got it for me as a surprise and it lodged itself in my heart ever since.

I think I tried to play Deus Ex too late because I wasn't able to get into it due to the relatively complex controls and interface. I had the same issue with System Shock 2. However, I played Morrowind when it first came out and have no problem going back to it, and it's arguably just as clunky, so I'm certain it's more about familiarity than quality. I hear nothing but great things about Deus Ex, so I wish I had tried it when I was younger and my brain was still malleable enough to learn how to play. :tongue:
CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022 @63.65 »

For me, there's one game I seem to replay a LOT, and that's the original Paper Mario for the N64. Not sure why, admittedly. Maybe it's because it's the first RPG videogame I've played in my life, and I was fascinated by it? Or the sidequests you can partake in (i.e. finding Star Bits, doing Chuck Quizmo's quizzes, Koopa Koot's favors, etc.) Or the unique visual style? Either way, this was a game I went back to a lot as a kid. And who knows, maybe I'll get back into it again one day...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1701
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1847
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4197
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi