Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @419.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  A game that you have played a million times?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: A game that you have played a million times?  (Read 3712 times)
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2023 @970.00 »

While it's not quite a million, I feel like it's worth mentioning that I got bored today and beat the original (arcade) Donkey Kong on my Switch 13 times in a row. The NES emulator does have a "rewind" function that helps with that a lot though  :tongue:

Proof:
Spoiler

[close]

anglade
Casual Poster ⚓︎

bonk

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023 @107.65 »

While, I haven't exactly played it a million times, I logged over 320 hours on Fantasy Life over the course of middle/high school haha
Now I tend to come back to less plot-heavy games, like Cooking Mama and Project Mirai, a ton.

:unite::unite::unite:
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2023 @699.43 »

pokémon alpha sapphire here! i’ve also played spore a ton of times and i’d probably call that one the game that has influenced my life the most tbh. it got me into the hobby of making up beastes and creechers to inhabit weird fictional worlds :3 although i’ve never actually BEAT spore. i always quit like half the space stage before getting to the center of the galaxy.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2023 @535.15 »

As a child, I replayed Spyro: Riptos Rage (or here: Gateway to Glimmer) a couple times, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. It was possible to finish both of these at over 100%; Spyro especially, when you actually do everything you can do when you arrive at your destination. Since back then there was no internet and I didn't know of any guides, each playthrough I tested if I could get a higher percentage.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
konamiesque
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Play the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2023 @576.97 »

there's a lot of games that i've played and played over the years, but right now it's definitely castlevania: symphony of the night. it's not too long of a game— only ten hours to beat— which means i can breeze through it in a weekend if i'm bored and have nothing to do. i know the full map layout better than the back of my hand at this point xP

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2023 @778.72 »

Portal 2 but specifically the chapter where it's "the part where he kills you" up till the end of the game was my favorite to play through so I kept playing it over and over in 5th grade while shoveling bite-sized brownies into my mouth while Wheatley was talking.

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2023 @797.53 »

Most of the games I play are "comfort picks", as in games I've played a million times LOL. So I'll list a few.

• Fire Emblem Fates on 3DS. I've finished every route in that game, and yet still I wanted to play it again, so this time I'm doing every route again but as a male main character! It's interesting seeing the dialogue changes  :dive:
  • Yume Nikki. I've lost count of the amount of times I've played this game... I remember picking it up when i was around 11YO and now im 26, so.... Y'know, LOL. It's just nice exploring my favourite areas in that game again, and hanging out with Madotsuki. I really do view her as a friend at this point :transport:
  • Monster Hunter games. This is really just down to the fact that it's fun and satisfying taking down big monsters. That's it. LOL.
Spots
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2023 @165.38 »

A game I keep coming back to is Cry of Fear. It's a comfort game for me even though it's a horror game. It's nostalgic to me because it was really popular on YouTube during the horror let's play era and I also have fond memories playing the multiplayer campaign with my friends. I also really like the visual style. The mixture of detailed lighting with low-resolution textures and a mixture of high and low-poly models gives it a rather uncanny and interesting look. All in all, it's a really cozy game to me and I've racked up 122 hours on it so far on Steam.

yungwake0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

(he/him)

StatusCafe: yungwake0
iMood: yungwake0

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2023 @27.27 »

I always come back to Minecraft and Cities Skylines.

I find comfort in the sandbox aspect of Minecraft where I can build/do anything I want instead of having to follow a linear storyline.

As for Cities I was fascinated deeply by road layouts as a kid, so C:S, being essentially a traffic simulator, became one of my favorites even as an adult. 1.5k hours and counting since 2016

wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2023 @787.20 »

My most replayed game is hard to tell. I replay games a lot. The game that I have replayed the most back to back though, is Resident Evil Village.

The protagonist Ethan Winters is one of my favourite characters of all time, and the game itself has amazing replay value with the new game plus. I have been working on getting all of the trophies for it and I am getting close to upgrading all of the weapons I can. I love games like that.

Other than that, I have replayed the Saints Row games a lot and I always 100% every playthrough.

EtherealSerah
Casual Poster ⚓︎

She/Her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2023 @408.59 »

Rocket Knight Adventures on the Mega Drive and Final Fantasy VII. I've replayed the former several times this year alone!

RKA is actually the first game I ever played and comprises some of my very earliest memories. I still regard it as one of the best action-platformers ever made and the friends I've shown it to over the years usually agree. They're also oldheads though, so take that with a grain of salt!

pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2023 @768.69 »

I can't tell you how many times I've played the zero escape series, in particular 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, it might be my favorite game of all time. if I start to get into it I'll never shut up because I love it so much.

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2023 @776.62 »

I can't tell you how many times I've played the zero escape series, in particular 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, it might be my favorite game of all time. if I start to get into it I'll never shut up because I love it so much.

I played the Zero Escape series all on my PC before I realised that 999 was on the DS, and my brother said they included cool mechanics that only really make sense on the DS, so I'd like to replay that entry on the DS soon! It's been a while since I completed the series anyway... Who is your favourite character in the series? I really love Clover and Junpei!
pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2023 @841.41 »

I played the Zero Escape series all on my PC before I realised that 999 was on the DS, and my brother said they included cool mechanics that only really make sense on the DS, so I'd like to replay that entry on the DS soon! It's been a while since I completed the series anyway... Who is your favourite character in the series? I really love Clover and Junpei!

i love junpei and clover too! but snake most of all tbh. he's great.

i think i should give you a head up though, playing 999 on the DS didnt bother me since i got it when it was new, but if you're used to the PC version, specifically using the route/timeline map mechanic, it might be a bit difficult or annoying to play the DS version because it doesnt have that. i definitely still love it as a DS game, but i prefer to play it with an emulator nowadays so i can take advantage of the save state and fast forwards features, otherwise i'd have to replay a lot more of the game than i care to. so thats something to keep in mind!

its been a minute since i've played it last so i don't really recall the dual screen features your brother mentioned, but imo i dont think youre missing out on much if you only play the PC version. :>

Pink Fluffy Cat

Okay I'm a pink cat

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2023 @239.57 »

Alien Isolation is my choice and it's also the best stealth game I've ever played after Thief 1&2
I like how the AI of the alien is actually dynamic instead of static, there are bunch of sections that feel like a drag and also other humanoid enemies that just doesn't feel as interesting as the alien unfortunately. Still I'd like to recommend it to anyone who likes the stealth genre.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1688
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1834
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4170
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi