Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @721.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?  (Read 6648 times)
lonelyjuly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

space, man

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lonelyjuly
iMood: lonelyjuly
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2023 @999.63 »

My birthday is in July and I used a random adjective generator to put with "July" and got "Lonely."

I'm not lonely at all, actually. I guess I just liked how both words ended in "-ly" and it paired well with my love for space; and space is lonely  :ok:

>"He who enters the arena is infinitely more honorable than he who watches from the stands"

Skykristal
Full Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2023 @488.92 »

My user is made up pretty much. But still represents things I like in a way. There was no very deep reason behind my name other than that I didn't wanted something generic (it helps with Google results as well but I wasn't thinking of the back then) sky = sky and Kristal = crystal. I love crystals. Sky fels light and free, so I guess that's why I picked what I picked.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
myrrhdoll
Newbie ⚓︎

something's on your shoulder (it's me)

StatusCafe: telltaleheart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2023 @388.94 »

a lot of replies on this one...

I haven't made an introduction yet, so no one knows this yet, but my main internet name is "Realheart", nickname being "Heart". I wanted it to be unique yet adorable. "Heart" is so adorable; I knew other people would think of the name as well, so I attached "real-" to the start of it to ensure that it remains unique. It still sounded pretty cute, and a little regal even, so I stuck with it. Realheart.

I was listening to Eminem

~ explaining myrrhdoll ~

Realheart is soo cute, I thought. I didn't want to use it everywhere. The more I use it, the more chances people would see, the higher the possibility that they would want to take it for themselves!!! Besides names are fun. Hence, I created sooo many names. Among them is Myrrh. In reference to that Vine: "...and I brought you myrrh. Myrrh-DER! [murder]". I also like dolls. So myrrhdoll. Sounds pretty cute enough.

~ the realest of them all... ~
do what you love!
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2023 @596.69 »

When I was a kid, I made up a list of fake books by fake authors, and one of the author names was Daryl Sun. For some reason, that name stuck to my brain, so when I chose a pseudonym (because a book convinced me that all published authors had pseudonyms), I chose that one. I began using that pseudonym as my username online as well, and the rest is history.

starlitPrimrose
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: etherealprimrose
iMood: violetPrimrose

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2023 @227.38 »

on the forum my username is starlitprimrose, which is a variant of usernames i use on a lot of different sites. Primrose, because prim is the name i prefer to go by online, and then i pick what i think is a pretty word to go before that, ex: starlit-primrose, lavalit-primrose, ethereal-primrose, etc.

My main username that i usually use is iomalle, which took me a while to come up with but is ultimately a combination of io (one of jupiters moons) and mall (the title of my favorite minecraft music disc) with an e added at the end for fanciness  :chef:

i went through a lot of usernames in the past 3 years because i could never settle on one that really called out to me  :drat: but im pretty happy with the ones im usually right now  :grin:

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2023 @796.59 »

it's the name of a moondisc track in the game moon. I, uh, ended up really connecting to that game, as well as the track and just... ended up using this name most places. a shame I couldn't have it on last.fm. or Discord now. :sad:
bugfeli
Casual Poster

as above, so below!

StatusCafe: bugfelii
iMood: bufeli

View Profile

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2023 @966.96 »

i've had like a million online usernames in the time ive been on the internet this ones kinda recent (maybe a year or two?). i got inspo from an artist called sinnikitt or something like that and i was like i need a better name. i had a couple that were like bugeaten or nauseilk and ended up with bugfeli. i just kinda mashed words together, bug is obviously bug and feli is a shortened word that translates to trachea in another language (can't remember which). although i switch between feli standing for that or just feline, you never know

everything is ok!

robkies
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2023 @31.93 »

pretty long story

so i was playing this game i bought and at the start of the campaign it asked you the name of your character, except instead of a normal keyboard you had to put together pieces of words and names. so i came up with roberunco
and thats what i used online, had to make it shorter so it just became rob64bits over time
Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2023 @792.56 »

My teacher in class said "you clearly have an absent mind" and I thought "tbh that'd be a cool username" and I've used it every since! circa 2012, What I was known as before shall remain a mystery  :evil:

beating hearts bby

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne

View Profile

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2023 @796.88 »

my melonland username is from a head automatica song called beating heart baby, i just made hearts plural lol.

i use different names on everything. whatever username i use is honestly just based off of something i see at my desk or something i'm obsessed with at the time i make it. so for example, i have a lot of accounts with fallout related usernames haha. :cool:

sometimes i kind of wish i had a name that i use for everything, but i like coming up with different usernames too much to stick to one handle. :dl:

PainterFight
Casual Poster

Trying Her Best (TM)

StatusCafe: painterfight
iMood: painterfight

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2023 @554.95 »

PainterFight, the username I often use on most sites and forums, actually came from a Wikihow article of all things! It's coincidentally about making a new username too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023 @556.53 by PainterFight » Logged

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2023 @520.49 »

I wanted to get a techy username but thought that "admin", "root" or "webmaster" were inappropriate, so I went for the usual path to a home directory on GNU systems instead. I was surprised it allowed the slashes.
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2023 @515.23 »

I chose mine because I really like Homestuck, and Nepeta is my favourite character! She's so silly and I see myself in her :-P It might not be the most creative username, but I'm glad I have it hehehe >:3

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
sokil
Casual Poster

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2023 @739.20 »

sokil (сокіл) is the ukrainian word for falcon. falcons are pretty cool birds, and i just think it's a cool word!
in poetry it can also mean a man celebrated with great courage or beauty. overall it's a nice word  :grin:

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2023 @1.48 »

How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

I needed a handle for a chatroom back in the late 1990s and for some reason I had forgotten that Elric of Melniboné's sword was called "Stormbringer", not "Starbreaker". By the time I realized that I had goofed, it was too late. Fortunately I hadn't mentioned Elric in the chatroom.

I kept it because it's also the name of a song from Judas Priest's Sin After Sin album so it's still kinda metal. 🤘

It's also the title of a fiction saga I've been working on since 1996. It owes rather a lot to Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei, heavy metal lyrics, and a lot of obscure sf and fantasy from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Image search the username above you

Started by GuestBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 86
Views: 3945
Last post April 20, 2024 @732.45
by zj
You own a store, but you can only sell your username. What do you sell?

Started by kurohaatoBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 58
Views: 2341
Last post February 08, 2024 @214.16
by Fish
Old Embarrassing Usernames

Started by littenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 23
Views: 935
Last post April 27, 2024 @968.62
by BUTCHBONEZ

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi