Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @654.62 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: How did you come up with your username? Why did you choose it?  (Read 6526 times)
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2023 @88.01 »

I just use my first name :)

arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2023 @969.18 »

I just stole it from my favorite HomeStuck character! :PPP

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2023 @35.15 »

I just use my first name :)

I have actually never even considered just using my actual name online. When I was young, the popular thinking was that you should never use your real name online because the internet is a terrifying place where everyone wants to steal your nuggies. Obviously that has changed, but for anything that isn't business related I still always use an alias.

The closest my username has ever been to my real name is when I used "kent-o-matic", so you can probably guess what my real name is. That's right. My name is O'Matic.   :ha:
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2023 @524.72 »

my old club penguin account was called debleb2, no idea how i picked it back then, but maybe a couple years later i used debleb for my transformice account and i ended up playing that a ton and talking to lots of people there so it just stuck. i think it sounds pretty nice, rolls of the tongue.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

JoacoEra

View Profile WWW

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2023 @869.41 »

I Think my user name is boring, what do you think?  :sad:

:transport: ⌈Just a Burning Memory⌋ :TnT:
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2023 @134.04 »

I Think my user name is boring, what do you think?  :sad:

I actually quite like it! I'm not sure if it's a reference to something but it just sounds nice  :smile:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Cattafang
Casual Poster ⚓︎

“Gitcy: Is good for your spleen.” - Caddicarus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2023 @937.15 »

:ha:

My username came from a Fakemon I thought up of when I was ~13-14 for a Pokémon pet sim site. It was supposed to be this giant cat-like Pokemon with glowing yellow eyes, lynx-like tufts on its ears, and absurdly long claws. Despite never drawing it, I still remember it somewhat vividly. I think it was supposed to be some sort of Dark-Steel type Pokemon based on its appearance, with a bunch of grey and black outside of the yellow eyes.

Maybe I*ll finally draw it someday.
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2023 @104.22 »

I have actually never even considered just using my actual name online. When I was young, the popular thinking was that you should never use your real name online because the internet is a terrifying place where everyone wants to steal your nuggies. Obviously that has changed, but for anything that isn't business related I still always use an alias.

The closest my username has ever been to my real name is when I used "kent-o-matic", so you can probably guess what my real name is. That's right. My name is O'Matic.   :ha:

I remember the whole child safety thing, but I also remember the internet being a lot more anonymous than it is today, and it was more like don't tell someone your last name, where you live, and don't talk to strangers online (which was most of what I did tbh.).

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2023 @445.23 »

I always found some of the child safety rules to be odd. I mean, sure, don't tell them your full name (or last name if you have a rare one) or address, but what's anyone gonna do with a first name? Plus, I don't think most abuse came from random online strangers but people you know irl.

Here's a scary fact: your neighbors know your name and where you live!
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2023 @461.46 »

I always found some of the child safety rules to be odd. I mean, sure, don't tell them your full name (or last name if you have a rare one) or address, but what's anyone gonna do with a first name? Plus, I don't think most abuse came from random online strangers but people you know irl.

Here's a scary fact: your neighbors know your name and where you live!

they could definitely be extreme but even so i think they did kind of drive home good habits when it comes to personal info online. if you shouldn’t even share your first name, surely you wouldn’t share your age, where you live, etc either! it’s certainly preferable to young kids sharing just about everything online, not just bc of the potential of predators but because gods know we should be trying to avoid sharing more information with big tech companies and teaching the kids to do the same.

that said, i think that restrictive guidelines for internet use like this can make kids rebellious and just ignore them harder. no kid likes being told what to do even when it’s what’s good for them.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

ThySonnet190
Casual Poster

The Grapes of Great Joy

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2023 @64.95 »

I like poetry a lot, so I decided that since I have been reading lots of sonnets from Elizabethian era England and beyond, I simply decided to just use "sonnet" as the base of the username. I also inserted "thy" since it is the informal/intimate (but now out-of-style) way to refer to someone in the second person implying the sonnet is for someone personal. The final part of it—the digits—are just a reference to Petrarch's Rima 190 and more specifically Sir Thomas Wyatt's translation of it, a translation that I really like because of the historical context!

I have used a somewhat similar username on a few different forum sites, but I did change it a bit for this rendition of it. I have used many different usernames over the years as suggested by my minecraft and discord usernames, but this one just has a special feel for forum sites.

Have a great day!
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2023 @562.48 »

For myself, awhe doesn't really mean anything. It's pronounced as "aw" or "awe" as in when you see something cute and go awww! but it was originally a tumblr url so I had to make it extra fancy otherwise it was already taken LOL. Silent H... Which I think makes sense!
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2023 @573.38 »

Wygol Village is a location/hub area from my favorite video game (Castlevania Order of Ecclesia)

tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2023 @82.14 »

It's the transliterated Japanese title of a song by Shizuka:

Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2023 @989.63 »

it's a combination of numbers i associate things with- 43 is a number commonly associated with my favorite band in their fandom, 77 is my favorite number and the one i consider lucky, and well, i don't think i need to explain 666  :evil:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Image search the username above you

Started by GuestBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 85
Views: 3850
Last post April 12, 2024 @264.17
by redroom
You own a store, but you can only sell your username. What do you sell?

Started by kurohaatoBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 58
Views: 2286
Last post February 08, 2024 @214.16
by Fish
Old Embarrassing Usernames

Started by littenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 22
Views: 875
Last post December 31, 2023 @542.03
by Absentmind

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi