Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @951.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  (unofficial) melonland FFXIV

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: (unofficial) melonland FFXIV  (Read 2557 times)
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« on: March 14, 2023 @597.45 »

Howdy!

Most people I know, myself included, do have their own FFXIV friends, groups and statics but in case anyone is wandering aimless and alone on Eorzea do hit me up,  I can help with dungeons, fates, mount farming, raids, whatever or start a flame war of why you love/hate Graha tia.  :ozwomp:

[My dude]

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023 @620.84 »

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023 @652.41 »

I'm Reva Lijan on Lich (Light) :)
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023 @673.45 »

I'm Reva Lijan on Lich (Light) :)
(did you know your username is mention proof on this forum? XD)
and  @debleb

Nice!  :unite:  I see both of you guys are lacking the horse mounts from the base game trials extreme, I can solo those if you want :D You dont even need to stay alive, just roll for the loot in the end!

Or any other thing you may need help with, really!

You guys are on different servers but on the same datacenter, I am the one waaaay on another datacenter but I can travel over there, no problem!

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023 @678.40 »

and  @debleb

Nice!  :unite:  I see both of you guys are lacking the horse mounts from the base game trials extreme, I can solo those if you want :D You dont even need to stay alive, just roll for the loot in the end!

Or any other thing you may need help with, really!

You guys are on different servers but on the same datacenter, I am the one waaaay on another datacenter but I can travel over there, no problem!

unless i missed that update you can only travel to other DCs in the same region :( so no going all the way to europe sadly. i hope they do implement that some time though.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023 @681.01 »

unless i missed that update you can only travel to other DCs in the same region :( so no going all the way to europe sadly. i hope they do implement that some time though.

aw really!? :( I misunderstood then

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023 @682.12 »

I've never played it before but have been meaning to check it out, so no time like the present! I'm just signing up for a free trial so I don't know how far I'll get but we'll cross that bridge when we get there (or not lol). Do you guys know if I can transfer any progression to the Steam version if I do decide to upgrade? And do you have other tips as well?  :ha:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023 @761.85 »

I've never played it before but have been meaning to check it out, so no time like the present! I'm just signing up for a free trial so I don't know how far I'll get but we'll cross that bridge when we get there (or not lol). Do you guys know if I can transfer any progression to the Steam version if I do decide to upgrade? And do you have other tips as well?  :ha:

you can't transfer iirc but you can get the free trial on steam too as a seperate listing if you haven't already signed up!

i wouldn't worry about how far you can get because the free trial is seriously huge, like i know the whole "free trial up to level 60" thing is kind of a meme but they do literally give you the entire game and first expansion with a couple social features removed for free, i know a few people who played several thousand hours on free trial

my only other tip then for starting is don't skip the cutscenes! at least for the main questline. after the base game the story gets stupid good for an mmo.

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023 @762.78 »

you can't transfer iirc but you can get the free trial on steam too as a seperate listing if you haven't already signed up!

i wouldn't worry about how far you can get because the free trial is seriously huge, like i know the whole "free trial up to level 60" thing is kind of a meme but they do literally give you the entire game and first expansion with a couple social features removed for free, i know a few people who played several thousand hours on free trial

Thanks, that sounds good! I'm in the process of making a character, do you have any tips on what class to pick or any other semi-permanent decisions to consider? (For instance, which world to pick?)

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023 @768.58 »

Thanks, that sounds good! I'm in the process of making a character, do you have any tips on what class to pick or any other semi-permanent decisions to consider? (For instance, which world to pick?)

certain worlds have a bonus XP boost if you join them bc they're new and need filled, theyre called preferred servers i think so go for those if you want the xp boost! the story gives you more than enough xp to get one job leveled even without it though.

as for jobs, just pick whatever you want! if you don't end up liking a class you can unlock every class just presuming you have the right level and expansion to take on the quest (all the base game ones are level 1 but the expansion ones are higher level) and just switch whenever you feel like it. i think you can change class from level 10? you'll be there in no time anyway. out of the classes you can pick at the start of the game lancer/dragoon (same class, the base game ones just digivolve at level 30) are my favourites but i also like arcanist. arcanist is good because it has a weird split path that shares level so you get a healer and a dps leveled from 30 up.

also note that every class starts with a slightly different storyline up until around level 15 in the story. it's nothing huge and i don't think any of them are really better than the others but bc of the city they begin in arcanist and marauder are more limited in where they can go at the beginning of the game.

pretty much everything else on the character customisation screen is entirely cosmetic, and if you end up not liking your character's appearance for some reason you get a free character re-edit at the end of the base game storyline, so don't sweat it too much!

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023 @769.53 »

certain worlds have a bonus XP boost if you join them bc they're new and need filled, theyre called preferred servers i think so go for those if you want the xp boost! the story gives you more than enough xp to get one job leveled even without it though.

as for jobs, just pick whatever you want! if you don't end up liking a class you can unlock every class just presuming you have the right level and expansion to take on the quest (all the base game ones are level 1 but the expansion ones are higher level) and just switch whenever you feel like it. i think you can change class from level 10? you'll be there in no time anyway. out of the classes you can pick at the start of the game lancer/dragoon (same class, the base game ones just digivolve at level 30) are my favourites but i also like arcanist. arcanist is good because it has a weird split path that shares level so you get a healer and a dps leveled from 30 up.

also note that every class starts with a slightly different storyline up until around level 15 in the story. it's nothing huge and i don't think any of them are really better than the others but bc of the city they begin in arcanist and marauder are more limited in where they can go at the beginning of the game.

pretty much everything else on the character customisation screen is entirely cosmetic, and if you end up not liking your character's appearance for some reason you get a free character re-edit at the end of the base game storyline, so don't sweat it too much!

Alright then I'm pretty much all set, thanks!

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023 @769.98 »

no problem ! (u totally got me infodumping btw lol)

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023 @772.63 »

When they say "its free up to level 60" they really mean it, the game wont block you out once you reach level 60, you can still play you just wont level up anymore but you can level ALL jobs up to 60 so that is indeed a lot of gameplay.

Also the story of the base game is really boring, at least for me, its the weaker writing of all expansions so dont feel bad if you have an urge to skip it

The 3 most polarizing opinions on this game:
1 - whether or not to skip cutscenes
2 - if you like certain very specific NPC or not (wont say more cause spoiler)
3 - and if lalafels are the devil incarnate or not (lalafel is a ingame species of child-like dwarfs)  :ok:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023 @774.62 by Necrosia » Logged

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023 @851.02 »

I dunno, other people mentioned me in the past without issues. :O
almostcorporeal
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023 @914.51 »

I don't currently have my sub since my household is going through some rough financial times, but I'm fully hoping to get it going again once things smooth out!! I have two characters I actively play on [but I typically use Sacha to DC travel if needed]!

Also I'm not much to fight over G'raha but. I clearly have very strong feelings on Emet-Selch I'm more than happy to get into (:

Sacha Delafoise - Adamantoise [Aether]
Moriko Oshiro - Malboro [Crystal]

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonLand Wiki

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 10
Views: 2669
Last post February 25, 2023 @762.13
by sig
MelonLand Forum dream!

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 931
Last post August 12, 2022 @438.36
by k4jtek
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1565
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi