Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @548.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  (unofficial) melonland FFXIV

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: (unofficial) melonland FFXIV  (Read 2555 times)
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2023 @858.59 »

i'm fiolet otoel on exodus and i'd be happy to play with anyone from melonland! i'm in the post-shadowbringers quests right now but i keep taking breaks to level crafting  :ok:
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2023 @116.38 »

i'm fiolet otoel on exodus and i'd be happy to play with anyone from melonland! i'm in the post-shadowbringers quests right now but i keep taking breaks to level crafting  :ok:

Oh yas, finally someone from Primal!  :transport:

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2023 @635.87 »

I'm about to hit up my first dungeon as a tank (Marauder) (did not like playing Arcanist at all  :tongue: ), any tips/strategies to keep in mind? I know the bar isn't high in Dungeon Number One but I'd still like to do my best  :ha:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2023 @652.35 »

Oh yas, finally someone from Primal!  :transport:

yesss!! :unite:

I'm about to hit up my first dungeon as a tank (Marauder) (did not like playing Arcanist at all  :tongue: ), any tips/strategies to keep in mind?

i've only ever done one dungeon as a tank, so the specific advice i can offer is a bit limited, but in general i think it's a good idea to let the others in your party know it's your first time! i still say this a lot whenever i start a new dungeons or raid, and i've been pleasantly surprised by how many strangers are happy to explain boss mechanics to me. as for tank-specific advice (which you should definitely take with a grain of salt), i think you should start with smaller pulls (the number of enemies you engage) and then work your way up to bigger ones, i think? this is another time communication with your party is helpful, because the size of the pull you can handle is dependent both on the tank and the healer. you're a team! don't worry too much if you die, usually you can teleport close-ish to where you died and you won't have to redo the dungeon from the start. again, i've been really surprised by how nice most of the playerbase is. usually when i'm in a dungeon where we keep dying, people will either offer advice or make jokes. in the 1000+ hours i've played, i think i can only remember one or two instances of someone getting mad. i hope this is your experience as well! good luck!
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2023 @17.95 »

i've only ever done one dungeon as a tank, so the specific advice i can offer is a bit limited, but in general i think it's a good idea to let the others in your party know it's your first time!

I've done a few dungeons now! People were helpful: mostly experienced players letting me do my pulls and explaining the one (1) mechanic to watch out for in the starter dungeons. I even have a macro set up that says 'hey everyone I'm new, what's the situation in this one' :ok: I like the dungeons the most of what I've done so far in the game, been playing it a lot the past few days!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2023 @489.57 »

I've done a few dungeons now! People were helpful: mostly experienced players letting me do my pulls and explaining the one (1) mechanic to watch out for in the starter dungeons. I even have a macro set up that says 'hey everyone I'm new, what's the situation in this one' :ok: I like the dungeons the most of what I've done so far in the game, been playing it a lot the past few days!

I'm so happy you're having fun! It'll stay that way honestly, but the story itself will get way better later on.

As someone who really loves immersion and exploring worldbuilding, I can only recommend you actually read and try to immerse yourself in the side quests and (the first few times you see the) tribal quests, I think most little sidequests have good humor or an interesting storyline that contextualizes every single small settlement in the world much more than the main quest does. I find myself caring about them all by now because the little side storylines make me connect with the characters so much more! :O

Although don't be like my girlfriend and try doing them all at once, most of them are just fetch quests and might bore you; just do them when you don't know what to do and want to do something chill. Most lore in the game is actually pretty interesting and cool, including FATE descriptions, it's worth it if you're like me. :)
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2023 @494.35 »

As someone who really loves immersion and exploring worldbuilding, I can only recommend you actually read and try to immerse yourself in the side quests and (the first few times you see the) tribal quests, I think most little sidequests have good humor or an interesting storyline that contextualizes every single small settlement in the world much more than the main quest does. I find myself caring about them all by now because the little side storylines make me connect with the characters so much more! :O

Good call! I've mostly been taking my time with the sidequests too but since I'm being struck by like 50 exp bonuses at once, I'm saving a lot of them for leveling other classes since the exp isn't as useful when you're overleveled by about 20 levels  :drat:

minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2023 @562.57 »

I'd been going back and forth on replying to this thread since its a bit old but... no time but the present!!

Hey! I play Mint Nainyene on Jenova Aether! I've been playing for a couple years now, and I've really fallen in love with it. I write a fairly large AU for the game, even! That's real proof of love for me, hahaha.

My sub is lapsed right now, since, uh, there sure are a lot of games coming out in the next three weeks I want to play. But aside from that, I'm on a lot!

Right now, my big goal is collecting every single Triple Triad card, which is waaaay harder than you'd think.

Are any of you looking forward to the 6.4 patch? The new ability to use furniture on your Island is major highlight for me, I can't wait to decorate.
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2023 @463.04 »

I'd been going back and forth on replying to this thread since its a bit old but... no time but the present!!
Don't worry about these things! Older threads are just as valid to respond to as newer ones; after all, why open a new one when there already is one?
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2023 @546.76 »

I don't think I can play with anyone, since I'm on Cerberus, but I thought I'd join in to show off my little guy!

Behold: Male Wife, my bunny boy! I mained WHM all the way up until the latest expac, where I switched to MCH for better parsing on the raids lol. Turns out, I have much more fun as DPS, so I decided to stick with it. I don't currently play much, and mostly just wait for new expacs to play solo and then hop in PF to raid with my friends. Would love to actually complete something like UWU or TEA... Last time I played I had made some good progress with a group.

Right now, my big goal is collecting every single Triple Triad card, which is waaaay harder than you'd think.

I've being trying to do this too just for collection reasons, but then my friend told me that there's a mount tied to the achievement for this and so now I'm really motivated to keep trying!
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2023 @669.48 »

I don't think I can play with anyone, since I'm on Cerberus, but I thought I'd join in to show off my little guy!

Cerberus is on Chaos, right? With a little world-hopping involved, I'm pretty sure we can play together!

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2023 @815.82 »

Behold: Male Wife

I don't play the game, but I absolutely love this name :grin: amazing.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2023 @900.47 »

Cerberus is on Chaos, right?
Omg you're right... That would be a lot of fun! I mostly do end game content but I don't mind helping others along in whatever they might need! Whether that's to help guide raid progress, clear dungeons, fill in a treasure map slot etc! Feel free to add me in game <3

I don't play the game, but I absolutely love this name  amazing.
Haha thank you! I tend to go for gimmicky names like that, such as when I played as a Lalafell (think tiny child race)— my name was "Literal Child" lol!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm also carrying the tradition with my friends of playing the opposite gender in game versus real life. All of my male friends are playing women in game, and so that's why I went with the tallest bunny boy in game myself!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023 @957.06 by awhe » Logged
minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2023 @940.24 »

Don't worry about these things! Older threads are just as valid to respond to as newer ones; after all, why open a new one when there already is one?

Good to hear, haha.. I should know better than to get stressed about it, but thanks for reassuring me anyway!

Behold: Male Wife, my bunny boy! I mained WHM all the way up until the latest expac, where I switched to MCH for better parsing on the raids lol. Turns out, I have much more fun as DPS, so I decided to stick with it. I don't currently play much, and mostly just wait for new expacs to play solo and then hop in PF to raid with my friends. Would love to actually complete something like UWU or TEA... Last time I played I had made some good progress with a group.

Ooh, that's a good bunboy! (Love his name hahaha) His outfits really cute, I like it!

UWU and TEA... that'd a terrifying goal, you can do it!

I've being trying to do this too just for collection reasons, but then my friend told me that there's a mount tied to the achievement for this and so now I'm really motivated to keep trying!

Same! I got into it for fun, but the mount is really nice... Its a toughie though! You basically need to do 70% of all the content in the game! EXs, tribe quests, Eureka.... There's really all sorts of things on the road to the Triad mount... Plus, if you get enough cards there's character cards from achievements too! I need (EW spoiler)
Spoiler
Vrtra and Venat so badly...
[close]
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2023 @969.14 »

Ooh, that's a good bunboy! (Love his name hahaha) His outfits really cute, I like it!

UWU and TEA... that'd a terrifying goal, you can do it!

Thank you! I have a few silly outfits for him, but I thought since I'm named Male Wife I might as well look the part too, dressed as a butler! Also, I'm unsure if it was UWU or TEA specifically, it might have been something else entirely, but just one of those fights, y'know? Have you completed any of them yourself?

You basically need to do 70% of all the content in the game! EXs, tribe quests, Eureka.... There's really all sorts of things on the road to the Triad mount...
Oh... Eureka... I was so down for every other part since I plan on completing all tribe quests etc anyway but... Eureka... In any case, I'm wishing you luck in our shared quest to the mount and especially in the spoiler content you mentioned! You can do it !!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonLand Wiki

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 10
Views: 2668
Last post February 25, 2023 @762.13
by sig
MelonLand Forum dream!

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 931
Last post August 12, 2022 @438.36
by k4jtek
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1565
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi