Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @328.43 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  (unofficial) melonland FFXIV

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: (unofficial) melonland FFXIV  (Read 2667 times)
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023 @925.03 »

who would win in a fist fight: a lopporit or a namazu? my bets are on the lopporit cuz u dont know that might just be punchingway

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2023 @499.24 »

I've been playing for a few days now, and it's pretty fun so far, I made it to level 20! I do think my patience is running out with the widely known "start of the game is basically only fetch quests" side of things: around what part of the game does this phase end?

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2023 @589.84 »

I've been playing for a few days now, and it's pretty fun so far, I made it to level 20! I do think my patience is running out with the widely known "start of the game is basically only fetch quests" side of things: around what part of the game does this phase end?

Generally, the game is considered to become vastly and suddenly better in the post-ARR quests, as in, content rated for level 51 and above, and then explode in quality over each expansion. Personally, I consider the FFXIV story to be one of the best in gaming as a whole, especially Shadowbringers and beyond.

I personally did enjoy ARR and the early game a lot and I think fetch quests are super cool actually (unpopular opinion, I know), but if you find yourself struggling through this part, then I'd tell you to either stick with it until the end of ARR or just play something else. In any case, playing with others makes the whole experience much cooler!
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2023 @594.25 »

Generally, the game is considered to become vastly and suddenly better in the post-ARR quests, as in, content rated for level 51 and above, and then explode in quality over each expansion. Personally, I consider the FFXIV story to be one of the best in gaming as a whole, especially Shadowbringers and beyond.

I personally did enjoy ARR and the early game a lot and I think fetch quests are super cool actually (unpopular opinion, I know), but if you find yourself struggling through this part, then I'd tell you to either stick with it until the end of ARR or just play something else. In any case, playing with others makes the whole experience much cooler!

Thanks, I had a little lull going on but it was all doable, I just like to know what I'm working towards here :4u:  The story becoming really great in the expansions is a sentiment is something I've heard a lot before as well so I'll take your word on that fully. I just made it out of Limsa Lominsa so there's excitement on the horizon in any case. Do you have any tips on finding people to play with? I'm absolutely down to add people from MelonLand but I assume that I can't really play with you guys yet because of the major divide in level and progression.

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2023 @599.00 »

I'm absolutely down to add people from MelonLand but I assume that I can't really play with you guys yet because of the major divide in level and progression.
That's absolutely a wrong assumption. :)

Even though I am almost levelcap right now, I can just queue up in your dungeons with you and everyone who is overleveled automatically gets scaled down to the dungeon level, meaning we are all on the same page. Doing dungeons like these nets us currency (tomestones of poetics) regardless of level, we have some dailies anyway that require running those, and it's just plain fun to run early game content alongside newbie friends. I actually look forward to my friends unlocking new dungeons because then I can run them with them and explain the mechanics as we go. :)

Plus, because you can play every class on the same character, I can just jump into one of the low level classes I still need to level up and play alongside you while doing something that actually matters to me at my current level. :D For example, I haven't even started most classes so I can still have a level 2 character who needs to do level 2 content.

Of course, we cannot do the end game relevant things with you like ultimate raids or endgame gear farming, but honestly, FFXIV offers so much that after 700 hours in the game, I am not even done with the story, let alone endgame content; and most people never touch the hardest content anyway. Leveling up your tribal reputation, FATEs, the Gold Saucer, crafting, side content, these are all engaging in their own right and you're never really done with the game.

If you want to find people to play with, honestly established friend groups are a great place to start; like this one! I'm on Light/Lich along with my queer-focused FC and I think we are fun to play with. Alternatively, find Free Company ads on the FFXIV lodestone page and join one of those; although of course there's good and bad communities everywhere.
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2023 @604.70 »

That's absolutely a wrong assumption. :)

Oh in that case I am absolutely down to play with everyone here! How do I go about adding you (or anyone else for that matter) on the game?

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023 @605.59 »

Oh in that case I am absolutely down to play with everyone here! How do I go about adding you (or anyone else for that matter) on the game?
I don't currently have a subscription because I am poor (lol) but generally you go into the social menu in the bottom right, click Friends or Friend List, and from there you can add someone. I'm Reva Lijan on Lich (Light).

Remember that we can only play together though if we're on the same datacenter (Light).
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023 @621.17 »

around the end of the level 50 story pretty much is when they really stop being blatant fetch quests x_x but even before then i’d say the last super heinous fetch quests are level 30 or so. there’s a reason people don’t usually like the base game very much! once you do get to 50 in the story though a lot more side content you can do instead of endless fetch quests opens up when you want a break

the story actually gets super good into heavensward so stick with it! and if ur on chaos data centre add my character liolaeus rath  :ok:

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2023 @623.45 »

around the end of the level 50 story pretty much is when they really stop being blatant fetch quests x_x but even before then i’d say the last super heinous fetch quests are level 30 or so. there’s a reason people don’t usually like the base game very much! once you do get to 50 in the story though a lot more side content you can do instead of endless fetch quests opens up when you want a break

the story actually gets super good into heavensward so stick with it! and if ur on chaos data centre add my character liolaeus rath  :ok:

Thanks for letting me know! I'll probably get a subscription soon and will see how that goes, but I don't like the idea of being locked out of trial mode (aside from making a new account)...

Remember that we can only play together though if we're on the same datacenter (Light).

Ah alright, sadly I'm one datacenter over on Chaos... I picked the one that most members here seem to be on. Who knows, maybe I'll hop over some day?

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2023 @627.96 »

Thanks for letting me know! I'll probably get a subscription soon and will see how that goes, but I don't like the idea of being locked out of trial mode (aside from making a new account). . .

i know how you feel! it can be pretty daunting to get locked out of the trial if you want the extra full version features but fortunately the trial does give you more than enough to see if you like the game enough to sub. what’s your character called btw  :omg: ? (sorry if u already said and i missed it X3)

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2023 @639.41 »

what’s your character called btw  :omg: ? (sorry if u already said and i missed it X3)

behold! the level 23 arcanist sigmund mars!

* sigmundmars.png (149.45 kB, 240x421 - viewed 43 times.)

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2023 @706.91 »

Don't mean to double post but I'm about to get the full version: should I get the SE version or the Steam version? I started on SE but apparently you can transfer trial data to the Steam version. A lot of people online seem to be saying 'go with SE because you won't be tied to the Steam infrastructure' but I do like having the game inbetween my other Steam games. What do you guys think?

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2023 @797.42 »

Don't mean to double post but I'm about to get the full version: should I get the SE version or the Steam version? I started on SE but apparently you can transfer trial data to the Steam version. A lot of people online seem to be saying 'go with SE because you won't be tied to the Steam infrastructure' but I do like having the game inbetween my other Steam games. What do you guys think?

I use Steam, never had an issue.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2023 @806.90 »

apparently SE version gets more sales on expansions and stuff but tbh it doesn't really matter that much, i use steam and haven't had issues. that said i believe it's possible to add non-steam games to your steam library somehow!

i like sigmund's hair BTW

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2023 @93.63 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonLand Wiki

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 10
Views: 2768
Last post February 25, 2023 @762.13
by sig
MelonLand Forum dream!

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 961
Last post August 12, 2022 @438.36
by k4jtek
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1631
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi