Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @888.88 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 634 times)
🅲🆁🅸🆂
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cris
iMood: cosmichorror

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 24, 2023 @204.76 »

Greetings fellow space travelers!  :cool:

I'm Cris (he/him pronouns, 34 yrs) and I found out about this place through some lovely people who joined my forum from here! I run a little queer and trans online dive bar called 🆂🅿🅰🅲🅴👽🅱🅰🆁: https://space-bar.neocities.org/. You're more than welcome to join or just check out the website and enjoy the vibes! It's a new art project of mine and I was inspired to create a website after finding out about spacehey, neocities, and the indie web community.

I'll be seeing you around! I'm excited to check out the rest of the forum and explore new places on the web. :pc:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023 @987.00 »

Hi CRIS! Welcome to the forum!

Always glad to see unusual little web spaces pop up?

I guess as a fell forum runner I'm always curious - what inspired you to start a forum? And what made you pick the forum software you picked? And how do you find using it?

At any rate, hope you enjoy exploring here!  :4u:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
🅲🆁🅸🆂
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023 @15.73 »

Hi Melon! Thank you so much! These are excellent questions!

Part of my inspiration actually came from this stamp: LOLOL

In all seriousness though, I have always loved the idea of a dive bar-like atmosphere that one could drop by any time, any where, and talk with any one. So I made one! And then I put it in space. And then made it GAY:evil:  I am QTPOC and I love queer and trans bars/spaces irl and the revolutionary acts that have occurred in places like this and beyond. So I wanted to honor this with something online. And now here we are!

As for the forum software, here was my thought process: I initially wanted to go with something independent like Simple Machines. However, I don't have my own domain nor the means to put a lot of money into this project (right now). So that led me to a couple free options. First was ProBoards, which is something I am most familiar with and that a lot of other people are probably most familiar with, too. But eh. Kind of want to try something new. I like to live on the wild side. :cool: So I went looking elsewhere and discovered Jcink, which is something I am not familiar with AT ALL. I hear it is quite popular in rp communities though. And as a former-ish rper, I kind of like that little nod to rp even if people wouldn't actually rp in my forum (if they don't want to).

So far, so good! It's a free account though so no mature content. Since the population is adults, if discussing darker topics is something people want, there is the option to upgrade. But again, I am broke so there's that. :innocent:

I'm curious how your experience has been! Especially with a larger established community! I'm so glad places like this exist on the net!

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023 @858.96 »

Welcome :] I hope you like it here
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023 @861.61 »

Legend has it that you can make money just by posting.

Free money is free. Go for it.

Also. Welcome to melonland. Make sure not to touch the penguins as they may peck you.
🅲🆁🅸🆂
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023 @23.39 »

Thank you both!

Legend has it that you can make money just by posting.
Free money is free. Go for it.

I mean, I do love free things!  :omg:

Also. Welcome to melonland. Make sure not to touch the penguins as they may peck you.

The penguins are so adorable but I will respect their personal space.  :4u:

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023 @811.47 »

Thank you both!

I mean, I do love free things!  :omg:

The penguins are so adorable but I will respect their personal space.  :4u:

THE PENGUINS ARE EVIL!

Also, I do know some places where you make money just by playing games or posting.
🅲🆁🅸🆂
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023 @35.91 »

THE PENGUINS ARE EVIL!

Also, I do know some places where you make money just by playing games or posting.

Evil, you say?!  :evil: we might have something in common then…

Feel free to send any and all resources my way!  :omg: Thank you! Sending much appreciation.  :transport:

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023 @807.06 »

Evil, you say?!  :evil: we might have something in common then…

Feel free to send any and all resources my way!  :omg: Thank you! Sending much appreciation.  :transport:

Yuh. I know some apps. There's one on android where you make points by just playing games and you can redeem the points for money.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2023 @127.44 »

I'm curious how your experience has been! Especially with a larger established community!
Sorry for the delay!
It's interesting! I'v learned a lot! When I started I wasn't really sure what to expect and I was honestly very scared that it might attract nastiness - I still sometimes get very stressed over seemingly small moderation issues - but for the most part its been great, even encountering some of the more difficult moderations cases has made the web seem less intimidating (and the world in general) - and the positive interactions have been really positive! :grin: As for the actual software.. I don't think Id be able to run this forum without knowing PHP really well.. it would be super frustrating not being able to fix the MANY issues we have by myself- so I don't blame you for going with an easier solution! However a lot of the issues have been caused by me insisting on the forming actually using retro code, so it's allowed for things to be unique too :smile:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi