Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @222.60 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 33/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What are you playing (or have finished)?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: What are you playing (or have finished)?  (Read 20929 times)
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2024 @760.37 »

Haha yeah, CoQ will kick your butt repeatedly in the beginning. Here's a few tips I can give:

-Take it slow towards the beginning. Try not to venture out too far from your starting point until you've leveled up a bit.

-The Red Rocks quest you get in Joppa is a good first quest to take on.

-You don't have to fight everything and it's okay to run away! Everything wants to kill you and it will until you're a bit stronger. I like to give my characters lots of evasive or defensive skills for dealing with early game. Teleport Other is a good skill to have for instance... If something is bothering you, just zap them across the map.

Overall, I think the most important tip is to approach the game not from a point of view of "what can I go out and kill" and instead think "what can I go out and find". The  game has so much depth and it rewards you for exploration and discovery.

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2024 @769.49 »

Haha yeah, CoQ will kick your butt repeatedly in the beginning. Here's a few tips I can give:

Thanks, I'll keep them in mind! Currently the furthest I've ever gotten so there's that  :ozwomp:  :pc:

Aside from CoQ, I've been getting back into Space Station 13 lately and also back into Lethal Company: made a new modpack which is breathing some fresh air into the game, especially after not playing it for a while.

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2024 @941.89 »

my friend and i recently got back in touch with an old internet friend, so we fired up our minecraft realm again! it's been a lot of fun; we just call and build things around our world which is many years old! i think we actually started it around when we all originally met, or a little bit after.

aside from that, i just picked up signalis a few days ago and i'm really enjoying it! i'm not super far in yet, and i kind of screwed myself early on by not understanding just how scarce the ammo is :ohdear: but it's ok! i'm determined to make my way through the game.

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Seraphim
Casual Poster

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2024 @275.56 »

Lately I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei V. Never been a fan of jrpgs generally, but this one has hooked me. I like all the demons to collect and the setting is super epic and eerie.

SMT V is so great! The battle formula is at it's most concentrated and refined, the monsters have great designs and the music is out of this world! I think the game's biggest weakness is its characters and plot. :ziped:  It's serviceable imo, but the way the game creates atmosphere is so much stronger.  :4u:

I just finished FF7 Rebirth! I saw some posts on social media talking about how messy and confusing the ending is, but as a person forged in the fires of Kingdom Hearts, it's the most Nomura ending a Nomura ending could Nomura.

Now I am focusing on Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade! What a great tactics game. I'm only about half way through, and can't believe that this game has 3 protagonists to it.

I'm also on the hunt for any hidden DS gems, if anyone has any recommendations.  :eyes:

:drat:
moonunions
Casual Poster ⚓︎

ヽ(・∀・)ノ yippiiiieeee

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Still knowing about Clippy in 2024Joined 2024!
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2024 @772.72 »

started up odin sphere again after not playing it for 10+ years :ha: also been meaning to jump back into star ocean: second story R and kingdom hearts 2 (for what feels like the 100th time) but i keep getting distracted w/other things haha

tungl" border="0

please feed beefsteak, he hungers ➭ feed beefsteak!
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2024 @806.54 »

I finished PsiloSybil last night - VERY challenging game, made me want to crush my own controller though lol.

I made it through the pain because of how much I adored the aesthetic and level design. I highly recommend if anyone here grew up playing games like Crash Bandicoot etc.

milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2024 @307.49 »

...and kingdom hearts 2 (for what feels like the 100th time)...

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2 off and on since it came out and I barely beat it just a few months ago and it was a transcendental experience. I was kinda going through a mental dip and seriously, playing and beating that game was what got me out of it.

I started a Critical Mode run soon after and it almost made me cry so I gave up quickly lol. Do you play on the hard modes? If so, got any tips?

soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2024 @351.74 »

i'm currently playing through all the rainworld campaigns minus monk, ocarina of time 3d, and wario land 4. i'm planning on playing katamari forever, super paper mario, majora's mask 3d, and antonblast when it comes out

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2024 @425.08 »

I feel a Disgaea phase coming up since I bought Disgaea 3 for the PS3, and I've been enjoying it so much that I've already bought the first game for the PS2 as well...

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2024 @616.64 »

I´m trying to see if i can finish playing the remastered version of grim fandango

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2024 @747.80 »

I am currently playing through Portal Revolution which so far seems to be one of the best fan games I've ever played in my life. As a huge Portal fan, this feels perfectly canon to the games and their universe. Definitely recommend if you've played and liked portal, Portal 2 and Aperture Desk Job because it fits right in with these official releases.

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

when does the work end..............

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!Joined 2023!
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2024 @302.78 »

Just finally finished the last bit of Paper Lily Chapter 1. I've been playing it over and over to completely 100% it -- all endings, secrets, runes, coins etc -- and it's been such a rewarding experience. I only got it last week and i think I have like 20ish hours already.

would highly recommend, it's on steam or itch for free and just came out in january. really incredible work by the devs.

litten
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Do what you want forever!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: litten

View Profile WWW

« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2024 @140.02 »

I recently started Hades! I've heard a lot about it in the past but never really thought I'd play it for myself because I didn't really like what I saw of the gameplay (thought I'd suck at fighting enemies) and was very pleasantly surprised when I started playing! It was difficult at first, but getting stronger and going further each run felt extremely satisfying. Combining different boons and seeing how strong you can get is so fun!  :grin:

moonunions
Casual Poster ⚓︎

ヽ(・∀・)ノ yippiiiieeee

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Still knowing about Clippy in 2024Joined 2024!
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2024 @35.20 »

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2 off and on since it came out and I barely beat it just a few months ago and it was a transcendental experience. I was kinda going through a mental dip and seriously, playing and beating that game was what got me out of it.

I started a Critical Mode run soon after and it almost made me cry so I gave up quickly lol. Do you play on the hard modes? If so, got any tips?

this is so amazing to hear!! it really is the best at making me feel good when in a dark space mentally, so knowing it had the same impact on someone else gives me the warm fuzzies :4u: i recommend KH3 too if you haven't already started it, even if the plot is a little shaky if you haven't played the other side games, or at lead watched a few tl;dr youtube video about them like i did haha.

i haven't played critical mode in eeeeeons and tbh i'm a little afraid to try again! XD maybe someone else in this thread can give us both some tips...

tungl" border="0

please feed beefsteak, he hungers ➭ feed beefsteak!
HalfOfBilly
Casual Poster

Neat!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2024 @514.25 »

Pizza Tower, baby!
I love the new update they released a few months ago with playable Noise- his moveset is so tight and his vertical abilities blow Peppino's out of the water. I've already 101% both Noise and Peppino, it but I keep coming back because it feels so good to keep replaying it and get that little bit better each time.

I'm an animator who animates animations (now in 1080p!!)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 72
Views: 8357
Last post September 15, 2024 @201.20
by Memory
Playing Ozwamp's Voyage on Linux with Wine.

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1298
Last post April 13, 2022 @123.11
by Icey!
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 42
Views: 5128
Last post September 29, 2024 @977.08
by boyrotting

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi