Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @252.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What are you playing (or have finished)?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: What are you playing (or have finished)?  (Read 13276 times)
MrsMoe

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2022 @427.59 »

I just finished playing Fran Bow a few days ago and honestly, I really enjoyed it! I think some of the dialogue was a little too simple and I HATE it went there's dialogue options that don't really matter, but it nailed the dark fantasy vibe I've been missing from movies like Return to Oz or Pan's Labyrinth. Best of all, you can interpret the story in a number of ways :cheesy:

myry
Casual Poster ⚓︎

let's get groovy, mate

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022 @472.82 »

I don't know if it's just because it was the norm when I was young but I never minded low-poly graphics for some reason. I also don't know if it's nostalgia or some shit but nowadays I find some sort of charm in it that I don't see in newer games, especially when it's stylized like Crash, Spyro, or FFVII.

I love the original Spyro's aesthetics so much!! Especially the color palette and how goofy and adorable Spyro's model is. I don't know if it's nostalgia because I have that same feeling as well, but I didn't really play any of these games as a kid (Wii was my first console hfgsdkgs). Modern cartoony games all have that similar aesthetic to them (saturated colors, bloom effect, round shapes, that kind of fortnite-playdough-kind-of-vibe) so I'm def kinda fed up with it.

Majora's Mask is the one Zelda game I have tried that I haven't been able to finish. I always get lost and can't figure out what to do next. I need to look up a guide one of these days, because I love the darker style.

I prefer the 3DS version because the graphics have been enhanced quite a bit. I like low-poly games as well, but moreso the PS1 style than the N64 style. While technically superior, the N64's texture blending makes everything look very muddy whereas the PS1's textures are blockier but look really sharp. I think that's the style that holds up more today, since you can see it being replicated in retro-style games like Dusk.

I definitely needed to look up a guide a few time while playing it as well haha. I actually also have the 3DS version of this game, but I didn't really get super into it. The 3DS version is a lot more saturated and bright and doesn't feel nearly as sinister as the og. I also think the muddy colors add to the creepy vibe.

I love Bloodlines. I'm still waiting on the sequel but it keeps getting delayed.

Be sure to install the unofficial fan-made patch that restores and finishes a lot of cut content.
Aww dang, I hope they release it soon! Also I HAD to download the patch, it wouldn't even launch the game for me otherwise haha (playing on Linux is like that sometimes :happy:smile:.
morrysillusion
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2022 @955.68 »

well, a couple weeks ago i finally picked up one game sitting in my library, Disco Elysium. i was always curious but like many games in my library, i hadnt been 'hooked' on anything to specific so i never jumped into it. but when i read a little more details i decided to finally get on it, since i was really looking for a story heavy game. and boy oh boy, it blew me away.

as to not ramble about it too much in this post- ill just say i have played almost 100 hours and done multiple playthrough now, and im not sure when i will get off this wild ride lol. i have other games i really want to play but im utterly attached to this game right now...

but on the opposite end of the spectrum i have been slowly revisiting minecraft! i have been watching some youtubers i used to watch ten years ago play it, and wanted to casually slip back into it. its been a long time and uhhh yeah im very unfamiliar with all the new content in it :ohdear: im so confused.... take me back to beta 1.8 (which i may do for fun, since the launcher supports all the old versions!)

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2022 @971.79 »

but on the opposite end of the spectrum i have been slowly revisiting minecraft! i have been watching some youtubers i used to watch ten years ago play it, and wanted to casually slip back into it. its been a long time and uhhh yeah im very unfamiliar with all the new content in it :ohdear: im so confused.... take me back to beta 1.8 (which i may do for fun, since the launcher supports all the old versions!)
Two tips: Don't use the official Minecraft launcher but instead use PolyMC, it's a lightweight launcher that allows you to have multiple installations at the same time, install modpacks with one click, and much more! It makes playing Minecraft less of a pain.

Also also, try playing modpacks! That's the best way to ensure you get super invested in it in the long run honestly.
morrysillusion
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2022 @57.53 »

Two tips: Don't use the official Minecraft launcher but instead use PolyMC, it's a lightweight launcher that allows you to have multiple installations at the same time, install modpacks with one click, and much more! It makes playing Minecraft less of a pain.

Also also, try playing modpacks! That's the best way to ensure you get super invested in it in the long run honestly.

oh, thank you! i have been more curious about mods this time around so this sounds very useful. its been so long since i played i forgot my PC is actually *good* and can finally use shaders, even! the more they have changed things the more annoyed i get (like the force to convert my mojang account to microsoft...) so i look forward to trying this launcher!

wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2022 @358.28 »

I´m trying to finish Child of Light. Basically a fairy tale type of RPG. So far I got into the plains area and fought my first two bosses.

CoL is so good! The soundtrack by Cœur de pirate especially. I started listening to her non-VG music after getting sucked in by Child of Light.

I just finished playing Fran Bow a few days ago and honestly, I really enjoyed it! I think some of the dialogue was a little too simple and I HATE it went there's dialogue options that don't really matter, but it nailed the dark fantasy vibe I've been missing from movies like Return to Oz or Pan's Labyrinth. Best of all, you can interpret the story in a number of ways :cheesy:

If you liked Fran Bow, be sure to check out Little Misfortune.

I finally bit the bullet and bought Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which has been a lot of fun so far. Playing on the easiest difficulty because I'm bad at strategy games, but that's okay!
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2022 @767.81 »

I started replaying Dark Souls 3 again. Elden Ring is really good, but it's a lot less polished than Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. I consider those two to be the pinnacle of the soulsborne genre.

Since it isn't open world, each area feels hand crafted and there's zero filler. No big, open, useless spaces filled with copy/pasted assets. No repeating dungeon designs. It's way more balanced. There's more variety to the enemies, and they're all placed strategically instead of being scattered haphazardly around the map. And none of the main bosses are repeated. Elden Ring has a lot more bosses, but only seven of them are unique and never duplicated at the end of a mini-dungeon or evergaol.
wilhelm
Newbie ⚓︎

An old soul lost in this new age

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2022 @103.58 »

I started replaying Dark Souls 3 again. Elden Ring is really good, but it's a lot less polished than Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. I consider those two to be the pinnacle of the soulsborne genre.

Since it isn't open world, each area feels hand crafted and there's zero filler. No big, open, useless spaces filled with copy/pasted assets. No repeating dungeon designs. It's way more balanced. There's more variety to the enemies, and they're all placed strategically instead of being scattered haphazardly around the map. And none of the main bosses are repeated. Elden Ring has a lot more bosses, but only seven of them are unique and never duplicated at the end of a mini-dungeon or evergaol.

I agree 100% with your propositions. Bloodborne to me is the definition of what a Souls-Like game should be. I personally still prefer the original Dark Souls, but "mechanically" and game design-wise, Bloodborne is unmatched and special.

I've liked Elden Ring as a game, but it's not a great example of a Souls-Like in my humble opinion. Great to know another Souls-Enjoyer anyways!

wilhelm
Newbie ⚓︎

An old soul lost in this new age

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2022 @110.53 »

These are the games I'm playing at the moment:

-> Ore ga Omae o Mamoru: Nintendo DS action-RPG english patched.
-> Subarashiki Hibi: PC Visual Novel I'm re-playing it because..., well, I must have problems.

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2022 @812.30 »

Im currently on a playthrough of Dyson Sphere Program :smile: However my logistics are extremely disorganised and Im not using nearly as many spray coaters as I should be. Ive a fine stream of proliferators but theyre backed up into the logistics towers at the moment since I only have three belts providing roughly seven products with the benefits...out of a hefty half-planet full of conveyors.
Ah...'hefty half-planet'...naïve old me. :smile:

Im as far as my first handful of warps at the moment - collected some fractal silicon, optical grating crystals, kimberlite and fire-ice to bring home with me, not that I will put them to use quite yet (though the optical grating crystals will be a much-needed asset when I wish to speed up my vein mining capabilities), and managed to find some very pretty stars and even a tidally-locked planet! Ive already coated a good percentage of that with solar panels and placed an ILS at its Northern equator, as well as an energy exchanger with some accumulators lying in wait for its charge. Theyll be in transit as soon as I can find the enthusiasm to tear down my current spaghetti and form a functioning space warper system. That needs to be very highly optimised, though, I dont want to lose my drones. At least, I think they drop away if they cant warp...perhaps they just return back to base. Logically that makes more sense, so Im probably wrong.

I think if I get bored waiting for research next time I load up my save file Im going to produce a bunch of space warpers and take a trip out to the black hole in my cluster. :smile:
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2022 @477.48 »

oh, thank you! i have been more curious about mods this time around so this sounds very useful. its been so long since i played i forgot my PC is actually *good* and can finally use shaders, even! the more they have changed things the more annoyed i get (like the force to convert my mojang account to microsoft...) so i look forward to trying this launcher!

How's things going with that now? :grin:

Also also, super cool avatar! That's from Spore, right, the GIF output feature?
TRICKSTERhat
Newbie ⚓︎

Probably a talking hat with robot arms.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2022 @185.39 »

Chrono Trigger, more specifically the SNES version.
For some reason I've actually never played the game for more than 30 minutes before, and since everyone is excited with the LIVE-A-LIVE remake... which I can't play myself, well, guess I'll give the game a chance. So far it's been a pretty fun experience, even if I just got Frog to join my team.

EDIT: This game is so cool...

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022 @245.46 by TRICKSTERhat » Logged

I 100% a Pokemon Romhack once.
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2022 @371.78 »

Chrono Trigger is great! I’m playing the iOS version on my phone at the moment. I used to play the SNES one, but I never managed to get more than about 1/3 of the way through. Now I’m a little more than 1/3. There’s no stopping me now.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2022 @604.27 »

Iv been playing Old School Runescape for the first time in like 10 years! RuneLite is great and I really enjoy the HD Textures addon; its like old but new and cool but also really 90s geeky. My plan is to become a monk and lay to rest all the bones of ugly goblins people murder :innocent:

EDIT: Also I think someone stole my username because I have some weird random username that with AFG_xxxx
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024 @621.88 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2022 @605.71 »

lately i've been getting into Mabinogi with my friend, it's pretty fun! i've wanted to try it for a long time but the amount of features it throws at you from the start was really overwhelming (even now i'm still figuring everything out). plus mmorpgs are just more fun when you have a friend to play with. i love the visual style and it's really funny seeing old items from the game contrasted with new ones! i've been walking around in an apron you get early game and it has a REALLY blocky chest.

(weapon is 2017 or newer, outfit is from ~2004 i assume)

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 53
Views: 5607
Last post October 07, 2023 @975.13
by Scootarooni
Playing Ozwamp's Voyage on Linux with Wine.

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 948
Last post April 13, 2022 @123.11
by Icey!
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 33
Views: 3045
Last post Today at @157.27
by nintendowii99

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi